The Maritime Systems division currently has an opening for a Systems Software Engineer supporting a DoD customer from Dallas, TX. This position provides a great opportunity to support end user requirements, be a part of a dynamic team and enhance your career abilities. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated, assertive in a dynamic environment, well organized and focused on customer success. Our candidate will support updates/enhancements as well as the development of new system capabilities. The successful candidate will be a key enabler for meeting future planned acquisition milestones. This position offers the opportunity to work alongside and collaborate with gov’t and other vendors.
- Work independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
- Responsible for entire projects or processes within a technical area.
- Typically, responsible for coaching and reviewing the work of lower-level technical staff.
- Perform analysis on systems to document all functions and define interfaces for integration, testing and quality assurance.
- Evaluate software solutions based on system requirements. Work with multi-discipline team to develop solutions to program technical issues and provide updates to leadership as required.
- Perform quality control on team products.
- Confers with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interface.
- Develop mission-focused applications and project visibility components such as user interface, automated workflows, data repositories, charts, and dashboards
- Identify and recommend ways to streamline business processes.
- Develop technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on the end-product/solution.
- Develop solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge.
- Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- 5+ years of overall related software engineering experience.
- Must be able and willing to travel within the U.S.A. approximately 10% of the time.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Strong proficiency in time management, project management, documentation, and organizational skills.
- Experience with Bash Scripting and Batch Scripting.
- Experience administrating databases (SQL, Oracle).
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software development practices (e.g. Scrum/XP)
- Experience using packet analysis tools to decode data flows and diagnose protocol level errors
- Technical experience in systems engineering, system architecture, software engineering, software architecture, and/or related fields.
- Experience in support of ACAT ID programs.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.