The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Software Developer with options to work onsite/local with our team in Mechanicsburg, PA. This is an excellent opportunity to use your experience and expertise to assist the Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS) mission. This mission provides all-encompassing IT services and solutions to our DoD customer covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace worldwide. This role requires a hands on .Net Developer to build appropriate enterprise applications and processes in a .Net and SQL server environment while collaborating with the team on research, design, development, and software system support
You must be able to obtain a SECRET CLEARANCE after hire. To be eligible for a clearance, you must be a U.S. Citizen.
In this role, you will provide application development support with experience in Microsoft .NET framework. Support will include program development for the web-based application utilizing MS solution including MS Visual Studio, Visual Basic.net (VB), ASP.net, C#, JS, JQuery, SQL Server and scripting. For source control and project planning, it will be managed through Team Foundation Server (TFS). This effort involves detailed analysis of the current system, program revisions, maintenance, enhancements, and post implementation support of the application/system/database utilizing an Agile approach. If you thrive in a collaborative team environment, this is the job for you!
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field with 4 or more years of relevant experience.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance or the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Demonstrated Proficiency in all aspects of programming using standard tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio, Azure Dev Ops/Microsoft Team Foundation (TFS) and SQL
- Proficiency with one or more object-oriented programming languages.
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in SQL technologies.
- Must possess strong data analysis skills to support data quality efforts.
- Strong analytical and technical skills with ability to analyze issues, assess technical risks, and recommend sound solutions in a timely manner.
- Proficiency in analyzing data flows.
- Strong working knowledge of Agile methodology.
- Proven ability to explain technical details and issues clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences and be able to clearly and concisely explain system concepts and problems
- Active Secret security clearance
- Demonstrated knowledge in all aspects of programming using standard tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio, Azure Dev Ops and SQL Experience with MS SQL Server.
- C# (preferred) or VB.NET
- ASP.NET Model View Controller (MVC) or ASP.NET Web Forms
- Entity Framework/LINQ
- SQL Server 2014+ and Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Azure Dev Ops/GIT
- React / Redux
- .NET Core
- Micro services
- Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
- Mobile development
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.