The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN).
This position will provide support for maintaining and enhancing infrastructure as well as the day to maintenance and helpdesk support for troubleshooting applications on the workstations.
* Perform best practice desktop engineering support for an enterprise environment consisting primarily of Windows desktops/servers.
* Perform application packaging, deployments, documentation, and release control in an enterprise IT environment.
* Perform secure baseline image creation, testing, and deployment for multiple hardware configurations.
* Perform OS installation, patching, updates, and upgrades for Windows desktops/servers.
* Leverage expertise with technologies such as SCCM, Group Policy, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, Active Directory and PowerShell.
* Provide advice, technical consultation, and Tier 3 support guidance by analyzing and resolving problems and evaluating alternative means of satisfying user requirements.
* Engage in requirements gathering and validation with stakeholder groups to understand and address current needs across the desktop and server environments, as well as emerging/future trends.
* Research, test, and deploy security patches and vulnerability mitigation and remediation configuration changes.
* Provide after-hours and weekend support for reported outages.
* Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and technical documentation.
* Effectively support a blend of operational and test network engineering/administration activities.
Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience; additional experience in lieu of degree accepted. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
•Minimum of five years of relevant IT work experience.
•Perform hardware and software technology refreshes, ensuring milestone compliance.
•Proficient understanding of technology areas such as Windows administration and MS HyperV in addition to Windows 10 OS and Microsoft Office (2019 and 365)
•Fundamental understanding Image creation, maintenance, testing and deployment.
•Hands-on experience implementing DoD STIG requirements and patch and update/vulnerability mitigation
•Proficient with troubleshooting Window 10 OS computing environment
•Hands-on experience with reviewing system logs and events to resolve issues
•Demonstrated analytical approach to solve complex problems in a large-scale, and multi datacenter environment.
•Develop and provide solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact production computing enclaves.
•Demonstrate the ability to manage data backup and recovery evolutions as required.
•Experienced with creating and managing critical system work instruction and Standard Operating Procedure documentation.
•Experience with creating and managing Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, MS Server Operating systems
Experience using Microsoft Products i.e. SCCM, HyperV, etc…
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.