Leidos is seeking a Senior System Administrator and Engineering Developer to lead and do hands-on systems administration, lab integration and engineering development at a Leidos integration and test facility.
Candidate should be flexible to take lead on a broad range of projects including Windows Server administration, VMware administration, scripting and software development, computer hardware integration, network device administration, and has working knowledge of IA Security functions / lockdowns and mitigations / and DoD STIGs.
The candidate will work with the project team to develop, test, and integrate software and applications to meet C4ISR requirements for a diverse customer base. The candidate will work in an engineering lab environment which includes servers, network routers and electronic test equipment based at Metro Park (MP8) Alexandria, VA.
The candidate will support the systems development lifecycle including design, development, integration, testing, documentation, demonstration, and training. Some travel may be required to support an OCONUS customer site. The candidate will develop, administer, and test in accordance with applicable DoD and International standards and policies; assist maintaining the code and documentation repository for each software release; and provide IA implementation and sustainment support during software upgrades and patch developments, integration, analysis, testing, certification, fielding, and operations.
- Research, evaluate, integrate, and modify Commercial off the shelf (COTS) hardware with COTS and custom software
- Set up and administer server environment including Windows servers and clients, VMware and sandbox environments
- Work independently and as part of a project team responsible for installing, configuring, integrating, and testing systems hardware and software and related tactical and enterprise IT and communications systems
- Evaluate mission requirements and develop, test, integrate and implement associated solutions
- Analyze system faults, troubleshoot and run diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems
- Provide technical analyses of network challenges and problems and be able to develop/implement technical solutions
- Evaluate and install scripts and software during various phases of testing
- Work closely with the Leidos Information Assurance team to ensure that all systems are compliant with DoD and coalition IA requirements
- Develop and maintain system documentation and training materials
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8+ years of experience in systems administration and scripting; an additional 4 years of experience may be substituted for a degree
- Current U.S. Government Secret security clearance
- Current Security+ certification
- Possess IT Computing Environment certifications: Microsoft Certified Administrator, VMware Certified Professional
- Experience administrating Windows, VMware and/or sandbox environments
- Experience in scripting (PowerShell, Windows command line, BASH, etc.)
- Experience developing in .NET environment
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
- Collaborates well with internal and client project team members
- Current U.S. Government TS/SCI security clearance
- Contribute towards business development activities as assigned to include developing customer briefings, supporting presentations and demonstrations, and other capture and proposal activities
- General knowledge of networking (IP Addresses, Gateways, ports, protocols, routers, switches, firewalls)
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.