Unleash your talents at Leidos! Grow and advance rapidly in your career by letting Leidos challenge you with world toughest technical problems.
As a Network Engineer you will manage Local Area Network/Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN), including the planning, analysis, acquisition, design, development, implementation, quality assurance, configuration, installation, integration, maintenance testing, operational integrity, or management of networked systems used for the transmission of information in voice, data, or video formats, as well as design and monitor new complex network systems, configure and install network hardware or software, and maintain LAN operations. You will perform feasibility studies on complex information systems and conduct in-depth analyses complicated by novel problem and keep abreast of emerging technology to predict future network needs. The Network Engineer will participate in management discussions, meetings, committees, or special projects as we support and ensure security of the DoD network.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage accounts, network storage, local authentication servers, file servers, user privileges, local group policy, local software testing, restoration operations, contingency planning, and local backups for SIPRNET, NIPRNET, and other networks
- Maintain Site-wide C4I network infrastructure, including, but not limited to, cryptologic hardware equipment, all network fiber communications support (including building fiber and terminating fiber)
- Maintain port requirements, Tier-1 and Tier-0 devices, routers, and switches
- Create and update network maps and logical network paths
- Rekey network devices, update security settings, and implement operating system upgrades
- Engage with Site users and liaise daily with the ESD and ESC AF to help resolve user and network related issues as well as maintain the integrity of the Site domain
- Perform help desk support of IT systems
- Provide first-level contact with customers, to include senior leadership personnel and convey resolutions to issues, track and route trouble tickets
- Provide classified and unclassified multimedia, telephone, video teleconferencing (VTC), and audiovisual (AV) equipment support for military, civilian, and contractor employees
- Perform technical support and inventory control for government owned computers, printers, and other devices
- Ensure security patching is completed and locally downloaded; implement Time Compliance Network Order (TCNO) patches that cannot be perform remotely
- Perform investigative administration operations for malware, spyware, Trojans, or unauthorized software detected on any device
- Solve complex networking and administration issues and use critical thinking to support network functionality alongside System Administrators
- Plan and schedule the installation of new or modified hardware, operating systems and applications software
- Maintain and resolve fiber optic and network cable issues while maintaining NIPR/SIPR networks
- Solve network security and security configuration and ensure network devices meet security compliance standards
- Maintain and resolve Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) interoperability issues
- Maintain systems configuration and manage the installation and integration of network system fixes, upgrades and enhancements
- Perform feasibility studies on complex network systems and conduct in-depth analysis complicated by novel problems
- Follow the required guidelines provided in T.O 00-33A-1001 General Cyberspace Support Activities Management Procedures and Practice Requirements
Job Location: Fort Meade Maryland
- Bachelor’s Degree and 15 + years of related experience OR Master’s Degree and 10 + years of related experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Candidates must have a current Top Secret SCI security clearance .
- Candidates will be required to pass a polygraph after being hired .
- Experience managing complex unclassified and classified networks including switching and routing, account management, authentication services, user privileges, local group policy, software testing, restoration operations, and contingency planning
- Experience implementing network security patches; pushing TCNO patches
- Information Assurance DOD 85701-M IAT Level II Certification
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Current Polygraph
- Experience with Cisco and Juniper network hardware and software
- Experience with SolarWinds and with Junos Space Network Management Platform
- Experience applying Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Experience deploying/utilizing Cisco Identity Services Engine
- Experience with PowerShell DHCP
- Knowledge of DoD networks and DoD network limitations in an IT-related field
- Experience with VMWare Component Protection (VMCP)
- Juniper Network Certified Internet Associate-Junos Certification (JNCIA-Junos)
- Juniper Networks Certified Specialist - Enterprise Routing and Switching (JNCIS-ENT)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification
- Experience with Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.