The ideal candidate will support the daily operations of the FAA Central Service Area (CSA) Infrastructure Engineering Group. This position is based in Fort Worth, TX and is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the NISC mission.
Duties include the following:
- Provide construction inspection support to the Infrastructure Construction Installation Center in the oversight of the construction installation of construction into the NAS.
- Document the project in the weekly construction report every 7 days.
- Review and understand project documents.
- Serve as technical resource on all project during and after construction.
- Report all changes in scope to designated FAA Contracting Officer.
- Participate in Joint Acceptance Inspections (JAI) and Contractor Acceptance Inspections (CAI).
- Identify problems in the field, research issues/problems, and provide solutions.
- Provide safety oversight in the implementation of projects.
- Bachelors’ Degree Civil Engineering or a related discipline and less than 2 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience overseeing projects such as shelters, roofing, towers, earthwork, roads and trenching.
- Knowledge working with; National Electrical Code (NEC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards, general building construction techniques, codes and standards, Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT), fire detection, security and site work.
- Knowledge of OSHA and general construction and electrical safety standards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time with the possibility of occasional night-shift/weekend work required.
Pay Range:Pay Range $44,200.00 - $68,000.00 - $91,800.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.