Leidos currently has an opening for a Technical Writer/Editor to work with the US Army Natick Research, Development and Engineering Center in Natick, MA.
- Serves as Technical Writer/Editor responsible for writing, editing, and preparing technical publications as well as planning, organizing, researching, writing and editing program manuals.
- Prepares a variety of correspondence and reports.
- Ensure all documentation has the proper format, content, and ensure timely completion and transition of each assigned project.
- Reviews and edits technical manuals and represents the Combat Ration Engineering& Support Team (CREST) working within that team and with other Combat Feeding Division (CFD) personnel in support of the RDT&E of individual and group serving Operational rations (OPRATs) program documentation.
- Responsible for developing performance based contract requirements (PCRs), packaging requirements and quality assurance provisions (PKG & QAPs), assembly contract requirements (ACRs), and military detail (MIL-DTL) specifications for procurement.
- Coordinate procurement specifications with internal and external customers and collaborative partners, resolve comments and provide consolidated reply to all comments.
- Review drafts of other federal specifications and commercial item descriptions (CIDs) prepared by other agencies.
- Determines and plans technical publication requirements and ensures, through research, that the technical documentation will meet the intended use.
- Conduct and coordinate Defense Working Capital Fund (DWCF) engineering support activities for Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Troop Support.
- BA degree and 3 - 5 years of prior relevant experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of publishing concepts, practices, standards, and technologies.
- Skill in managing multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing technology to develop materials for printing.
- Knowledge of grammar, writing and editing, illustrating practices, and style requirements.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple actions at any given time
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team
- Familiarity with Military commodities is desirable.
- Knowledge of a wide range of ordnance information sources to include previously released information and skill to analyze and present the information gathered.
- Developing performance based contract requirements (PCRs), packaging requirements and quality assurance provisions (PKG & QAPs), assembly contract requirements (ACRs), and military detail (MIL-DTL) specifications for procurement,
External referral eligible
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.