Leidos’ Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) operation is seeking a motivated and talented Electrical Engineer with a background in electrical hardware and firmware development supporting multiple product lines for aviation security hardware. This position would be working in the hold baggage engineering team supporting both new product development and sustaining activities.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.
Check out this link to learn more about Security Enterprise Solutions (SES), formally known as Security Detection & Automation.
- Assist with new design and development for various aviation security systems including X-Ray, CT and other technologies.
- Work with cross functional teams from supply chain, production, service, etc. to support projects and products.
- Write specs, make design recommendations, board and wiring layout and other technical deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or related technical field and 8+ years of experience or Master’s Degree and 6+ years of experience.
- Experience with design and develop innovative technical hardware solutions for new products in the areas such as High-Speed Digital Design using Xilinx FPGAs creating state of the art electronics circuit design
- High speed FPGA board design utilizing VHDL
- Firm understanding of clock boundary conditions and asynchronous data collection
- Development of Data Acquisition hardware using FPGA’s, Finite State Machines, interfacing to high-speed mixed signal ASICs, signal Integrity techniques
- Participate-in a multi-functional engineering team environment to develop and integrate hardware, software, and network technology for products and systems
- Familiar with MCU design, third party instantiation within FPGA
- Work effectively across multiple corporate functions including business, engineering, operations, and manufacturing
- Must have good technical communication skills
- Self-starter, motivated. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Hardware debugging experience with scopes, logic analyzers, multimeters, Wireshark, etc.
- Xilinx ISE tool set, ISE14.4,
- Xilinx simulation tools, writing FPGA testbenches
- PADS Schematic Capture and PCB layout high speed routing, LVDS, channel link, etc.
- New Product Introduction (NPI) experience from proto to production
- Experience with high-speed Serial, sFPDP, Aurora (Xilinx), Ethernet etc
- Experience with low-speed Serial, I2C, SPI, etc
- Experience with Linux
- Third party IP background
- Data Acquisition design
- PADs/PCB familiarity
Our Tewksbury office is a fast-paced, diverse and collaborative environment, only a short commute from downtown Boston and Nashua. We offer flexible work arrangements and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, exciting referral programs, and an inclusive and ethical work place.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.