Leidos is seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our team as a Residential Field Energy Specialist. This is an important position that will have a large impact on an already successful organization that provides energy program design, implementation, and consulting. The Residential Field Energy Specialist is responsible for managing the relationship with our participating contractors (referred to as Program Allies moving forward) as they complete energy efficiency projects at the needed rate at any given time; accomplished through by direct contact with current and potential Program Allies. This position also engages in Program Ally training, recruiting, and orientations throughout the Ameren Illinois service territory. In order to provide the full range of Program services, a Field Energy Specialist closely coordinates activities with the Residential Program Ally Manager and other internal teams. This position will be based out of a home office, with travel in the service territory, and may be required to report to the Peoria office or Collinsville office locations a couple of times a month.
This position will be a hybrid of working from home and field work in the specified territory. The position will also require 40-60% travel throughout the Ameren Illinois territory.
Ameren Illinois and Leidos believe it is very important to provide employment opportunity to the utility ratepayers that reside in Illinois. Therefore, there is Strong preference for the successful candidate to be located in the Ameren Illinois service territory https://www.ameren.com/illinois/company/about-ameren/service-territory (roughly the southern two-thirds of Illinois). The Ameren Illinois service territory includes several large to mid-size communities such as Quincy, Champaign-Urbana, Danville, Decatur, Springfield, Charleston-Mattoon, Mt. Vernon, Marion, Carbondale, and Metro East (Belleville, O'Fallon, Granite City, Edwardsville, Alton, Collinsville).
- Maintain and nurture the relationship with our Program Ally network while providing oversite and guidance (and coordination, if needed) for project flow to meet production goals in a safe, effective, and efficient manner
- Work with a team of peers in a collaborative and engaging environment while being open to bringing innovative ideas to the table during internal discussions
- Navigate and manage Program Ally, utility customer, and utility client relations
- Present Program goals and opportunities, develop/facilitate/nurture business relationships, and explain technical/operational issues to Program Allies, customers, and client
- Meet goals for development of new and existing Program Allies
- Manage Program Ally system records (logged calls, needed documentation, proper certification or accreditation, and proper completion of the various Program participation agreements and addendums)
- Keep Program Allies aware and updated on all current Program requirement, measure incentives, and Program training opportunities while providing them with the information to participate in the Program
- Be capable of entering residential attics, basements, and crawl spaces; climbing ladders; and interacting with homeowners while performing Program Ally training, project technical support, home energy assessments, and quality control inspections
- Have the ability to learn, implement, and maintain knowledge of safe jobsite work practices, Program guidelines, incentives, policies, procedures, and requirements
- Proper and timely reporting of responsibilities progress to the Program Manager through weekly, monthly, and quarterly activity reports that track and analyze progress towards individual and Program goals
- Ongoing training and education will be provided to keep staff current on latest building science techniques
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 1+ year of experience. High School diploma with additional 4 years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent customer relations skills including ability to understand concerns and ability to suggest solutions
- Must be well organized, reliable, conscientious, and be capable of managing resources and schedules to meet multiple deadlines while working in a home office environment
- Capable of managing and tracking multiple concurrent, complex tasks
- Demonstrated computer skills including use of Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Able to store a small amount of Program testing equipment in a conditioned environment
- Candidate must have current Building Performance Institute (BPI) certification, as a Building Analyst and Envelope Professional, or will be required to obtain BPI certification within six months of hire
- Should have prior experience in energy efficiency or similar technologies
- Basic knowledge of integrated building science is highly desired
- Previous experience in remodel construction and/or residential HVAC is a plus
- Salesforce CRM experience desired
Pay Range:Pay Range $50,700.00 - $78,000.00 - $105,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.