UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
We are in search of a Java Developer to support our central government customer as part of an applications development and support team able to fully support and maintain a system of critical national infrastructure adhering to engineering governance/best practice. You will be expected to work closely with team members and the broader programme to develop new functionality and to provide third line support; this may involve being on call out of hours on a rotational basis. Lastly, you will need strong knowledge and experience with a view to maintaining and developing java-based configurations and solutions in individual services, applications or components in the development, test, and live environments. The system utilises a wide variety of technologies so you must be flexible and quick to acquire new skills. The system is currently being moved into the public cloud so experience in this area would be an advantage or at least a desire to acquire these skills. You will have direct impact on the current and future iterations of one of our most important pieces of critical national infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Software Engineer will be responsible for performing the software engineering functions, including the design, development, testing, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs for enhancements and new software products.
- Applies appropriate principles, standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the software development life cycle.
- Duties include software requirements analysis, analysis of hardware compatibility, development of software products and tools used for design, development and maintenance of infrastructure, and platforms.
- Work is both for on prem hosting and AWS public cloud.
- Works to achieve day-to-day objectives with moderate impact on the project team.
- Communicates likely impacts to schedule to the wider team and help other team members with problems as necessary.
- Communicates with colleagues across multiple areas (project managers, other technical resources, etc.).
- Explains technical solutions, practices, and procedures to others within the organization.
- Daily stand-ups, periodic demos and ad hoc communication to the team and wider project
- Work with multiple teams based in different locations.
- Collaborate closely with software developers, testers, service management, infrastructure, and others to ensure timely delivery of new functionality, resolve defects and production issues and ensure that security principles are applied consistently throughout.
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge with peers.
Cross Functional Working
- Continually build relationships with internal stakeholders to achieve the successful completion of projects.
WHAT SETS YOU APART:
- Solid Java development skills
- Spring framework
- Good communication: written, spoken and on-line – we work almost exclusively remotely so making sure everyone is fully informed is key to making that a success.
- Web Services - XML, SOAP, RESTful
Nice to have:
- XML Schemas
- Websphere Application Server
- Websphere MQ
- Build and Test Automation
- Working in an agile environment with waterfall aspects
- AWS or other public cloud
- Relational databases - e.g. Oracle, DB2
- IBM Software life cycle tooling including: Rational Software Architect, ClearQuest, and ClearCase
- Due to the nature of the project, this role will require having or obtaining an SC clearance
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.