Are you ready to make an impact?
We currently have a vacancy for a Project Manager working on a flagship programme, delivering large scale Cloud Transformation in the UK using agile methodologies. The successful candidate will lead the effective delivery of multiple high-profile activities.
The successful candidate must have hands on experience of managing Cloud projects and system migration/roll outs. Reporting to the Portfolio Lead with accountability to key stakeholders being the HO Customer counterpart, the HOB Programme Director and Principal solution architect this is a pivotal role within Leidos UK.
- Manage and own delivery of Cloud Transformation activities, owning the delivery plan and managing delivery within agreed tolerances
- Responsible for managing multiple deliverables across the project at any one time
- Work with multi-disciplined product you will be responsible for ensuring there is clear prioritisation, communication, and delivery of digital solutions
- Own the agile team processes, ensuring agile approaches are adopted and maintained.
- Facilitating all agile ceremonies (e.g., standups, retros etc)
- Coach teams and clients to enhance their agility and help them develop
- Use varying tools and techniques to identify and drive improvements to quality and delivery
- Use appropriate metrics to track and forecast delivery
- Manage dependencies and expectations and highlight and improve inefficiencies in ways of working
- Enable teams by identifying and removing risks and impediments, articulate risks and manage expectations accordingly
- Balancing internal and external stakeholder inputs against the scope
- Prioritise tasks for other teams based on project delivery
- Financial management: tracking budgets and managing financial processes –working to cost
- Experienced Project Manager with proven ability to prioritise work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs
- Experience in planning and delivering tasks through engagement with technical colleagues and customers
- Experience of Cloud technologies (ideally AWS)
- Experience in the use of Agile PM tools, ideally including JIRA and Confluence
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels of both internal and client organisations
- Flexibility and agility in thought and daily working practices to accommodate customer direction
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle, manage, and communicate complex work and interdependencies
- Well versed in communicating risk management and mitigation measures
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working closely with project, operations, technical and delivery teams
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.