Leidos Veteran Health is seeking a Technical Writer / Editor to support the VA’s Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM). This role is remote position with some office visits. Must be located within either DC Metro area or commuting proximity to Kansas City, Missouri.
The Technical Writer / Editor must have experience in editing narrative and graphic products to identify and correct grammatical formatting and logic errors and to identify logical inconsistencies that will require author attention. Must have experience in the application a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, and scheduling tools. Must have experience in meeting with authors and other team representatives to review documents, compile inputs/corrections, resolve incompatible comments, and provide final publishable documentation. Must have experience in explaining in simple language medical and technical ideas that are difficult for the average reader to understand.
- Provide technical writing, document preparation, editing, and communication support and coordination consistent with corporate and customer practices, for the development and production of project deliverables, work products, and other documentation for the project.
- Edit, proofread and provide writing support on technical and/or non-technical documents in support of program goals and objectives.
- Ensure documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style, to include 508 compliance.
- Support standardization and adherence to project documentation templates and support the continuous improvement of documentation development and review processes throughout project execution.
- Use Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Photoshop, Illustrator and Visio.
- Maintain configuration management of in-process and completed deliverables in SharePoint and other storage and other collaboration tools.
- As requested, work with project and technical staff in the formulation, development, editing, and revision of project documentation and deliverables. Collaborate with content owners and subject matter experts, illustrators, and other key individuals in coordinating/preparing the edited drafts. Review rough drafts and makes suggestions; check drafts for format, clarity and overall cohesiveness.
- Requires a BA degree in English or equivalent and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to work with the functional areas to identify and maintain all project documents and deliverables.
- Able to analyze and communicate technical details through documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience support healthcare information technology projects.
- Experience supporting information technology projects for Veterans Affairs agency.
- Current/Active VA background investigation/VA Access is a plus.
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.