Leidos has a career opportunity for a Senior Field Service Engineer (FSE) / Team Lead, that requires about 50% travel, to work out of Fort Shafter, Honolulu, HI.
This position will support the Radio Frequency In-Transit Visibility (RF-ITV) program as a Senior Field Service Engineer (FSE) / Team Lead. This is an opportunity to use your Information Technology experience, troubleshooting, and Leadership skills to guide and mentor a team of OCONUS FSEs. In this mission we support the US Army, Program Executive Office Enterprise Information System (PEO EIS) Logistics Information Systems (LIS) organization in maintaining and expanding the technological infrastructure, the largest in the world, which provides in-transit tracking of military cargo as it moves through the Defense Transportation System (DTS).
- Must have an active Secret security clearance.
- In this position, you will have FSE responsibilities for various RF-ITV sites in Hawaii and Alaska, and additionally, will serve as the Team Technical and Administrative Lead for a small group of OCONUS FSEs whose area of responsibility covers sites throughout INDOPACOM.
- Provide oversight and responsibility for RF-ITV read nodes within area of responsibility ensuring individuals and the team meets an Operational Readiness (OR) Rate of 95%.
- As the team technical lead, serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in applying in-depth technical knowledge of active RFID wave propagation and understanding of ISO 18000-7 Over-the-Air protocol, collaborating with other SMEs to discuss and validate solution ideas.
- Serve as primary liaison between INDOPACOM stakeholders and program leadership, briefing stakeholders regularly on program purpose and progress and alerting program leadership to developing issues and opportunities throughout the area of responsibility.
- Monitor and manage team response to outages, ensuring application of proper troubleshooting techniques, efficient use of site points of contact, cost effective travel, and status is updated in the Integrated Support System (ISS) tool.
- Monitor and manage team’s quarterly preventive maintenance schedule, ensuring cost effective travel, timely status updates in ISS, and quality of deliverable maintenance reports.
- Monitor and manage all team’s assigned survey, install, de-install and training missions, ensuring they are properly coordinated with customers, statused in ISS, and completed in a timely manner, including travel approval and quality of deliverable reports in ISS.
- Train new FSEs, and mentor FSE team to ensure FSE Standard Operating Procedure, and all program, Leidos and customer policies are understood and followed.
- Monitor team progress and compliance with monthly asset inventory reconciliation, ensuring team compliance with 100% Service Level Objective goal, as well as other taskings from program leadership.
- Design, install, upgrade, replace, and maintain RFID hardware and software to integrate RFID nodes into the local military commands’ networks and ensure interoperability/sustainability.
- Independently coordinate and perform Global Operations missions to include site surveys, installations, site deinstallations, formal classroom training, and informal military exercise training, and provide customer-ready deliverable reports upon completion.
- Independently coordinate and perform quarterly preventive maintenance, and respond to system outages, resolving problems within the time specified in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); record all progress in ISS Service Management Ticket (SMTs).
- Master’s Degree and 10+ years of applicable experience, or Bachelor’s Degree with 12+ years of applicable experience
- Experience briefing Government customers and stakeholders
- Experience managing a small technical team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Current driver’s license, own vehicle and able to drive continuously for up to four hours.
- Must be able to climb a ladder or ascend at least 25 feet in a lift (bucket) truck.
- Possess intermediate computer skills and knowledge such as operating and troubleshooting hardware and software.
- Must possess at least a DoD Directive 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II (such as CompTIA Security+ CE) certification.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Remote Management Software, Windows 10 and Antivirus Software.
- Experience working with/briefing INDOPACOM stakeholders such as USARPAC, INDOPACOM leadership, US Forces-Japan, and US Forces-Korea.
- In-depth knowledge of INDOPACOM logistics policies and processes, and customers.
- Ability to lead, train, and mentor a small team of OCONUS field service engineers utilizing superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Prior experience installing, upgrading and/or replacing RFID hardware and software to include Field Data Units (FDUs), fixed and handheld interrogators, Iridium modems, and various versions of RFID Read and Write software.
- Familiarity with the MicroFocus (formerly Serena) Solutions Business Manager (SBM) software.
External Referral Eligible
Pay Range:Pay Range $72,150.00 - $111,000.00 - $149,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.