This role as a Test Engineer, the individual provides technical expertise with developing and executing automated testing scripts as part of a tailored SAFe Agile DevSecOps pipeline. This role performs software development to implement scripts, evaluate test results, and implement a feedback loop in a Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Flexible cross-training to also provide systems engineering, software development, training, security, and testing is also desired.
- This role is responsible for technical planning, verification and validation, and fielding
- Duties include performing integration, system testing, and quality assurance
- This role also requires generating test data in multiple environments
- Participate in program Agile software development initiatives to support innovation and enhancement of custom applications through iteration/functionality testing
- Participate and collaborate with team members to assess StoryPoint/complexity efforts (using best practices) to ensure proper testing and delivery of functionality per User Story Acceptance Criteria
- Collaborate with team members (Scrum Master, Product Owner, Software Developers) to develop test approaches with emphasis on automation of recurring/regression test cases through selected toolsets
- Assist in developing test validation scripts using program designated languages (ex: Python)
- Assist in developing automated test cases using knowledge of custom Applications through designated GUI/COTS products (ex: Selenium and Katalon Studio)
- Generate test data and identify use/corner cases required to meet User Story/Customer needs
- Support performance testing/evaluation activities using tools such as Jmeter
- Perform job duties within Commercial cloud development environments
- Experience applying fundamental concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments.
- Knowledge of or direct experience with software performance testing practices
- Significant experience with scripting languages (ex: Python) to automate tasks
- Significant experience in test data/script development
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Candidate must have BS with 4+ years of prior relevant experience or MS with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph.
- Experience working/testing within Commercial Cloud Platforms (ex: AWS) and DevOps tools
- Ability to test both back end applications processes in addition to front end
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.