Leidos has an IMMEDIATE NEED for an Entry Level Software Engineer to provide Agile DevOps support to mission critical systems. As a Software Engineer on this program, you will have the opportunity to build secure software based in a DevOps framework for deployment into cloud infrastructures and gain Agile development experience in support of a complex program provide Enterprise class security services. You will work within a team to develop, test, and deploy deliverables in all aspects of the software development lifecycle. You will have opportunities for scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing.
* Participate in software programming initiatives to support innovation and enhancement
* Define methods for and perform software system validation and testing
* Prototype and deploy solutions within Commercial Cloud Solutions leveraging Infrastructure platform services
* Support the Agile software development lifecycle following Program SAFe practices
* Use industry leading DevOps tools like Ansible, Docker, and Jenkins
* Develop systems software development and deploy build artifacts across different environments leveraging GitFlow constructs
* Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness.
* Leverage Atlassian tools such as JIRA, Bitbucket, and Confluence to track development activities, control source code, and author documentation
* Create innovative solutions to meet the technical needs of customers.
- Candidate must have BS degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Familiarity with common Agile practices
- Basic knowledge of software design patterns
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
* * All candidates must be US CITIZENS to be considered for the position
* TS/SCI clearance
* Familiarity with one or more of the following identity, credential, and access management (ICAM) concepts/standards:
* LDAP or MS Active Directory
* PKI and TLS/SSL
* OAuth 2.0
* OpenID Connect (OIDC)
* Multi-factor Authentication (MFA)
* Experience in identity management and governance, to include single sign-on, identity federation, or enterprise directory architecture and design
* Experience in multiple of the following areas, and a desire to learn the others:
* Linux OS scripting (Bash)
* Database setup and integration, both relational and NoSQL (Oracle DB, MySQL, CouchDB)
* Cloud infrastructure platforms (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure)
* DevOps automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
* Source control and Agile development tools (Git, Maven, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence)
* Analytics and search engines (Elasticsearch, Splunk, Apache Solr)
* Mobile development
Pay Range:Pay Range $50,700.00 - $78,000.00 - $105,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.