Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Technical and Content Writer to support our customer in communications. The position is with the Communications, Knowledge, and Training Team in the Government Health & Safety Solution Group in Windsor Mill, MD (Baltimore). The role supports the End-User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solutions through a seamless development, implementation, and communications experience.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and be responsible for communication projects.
- Interface directly with internal and customer stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively as part of the Communications, Knowledge, and Training Team and in a matrix environment that includes project managers, IT engineers, and service delivery professionals.
- Report to and provide support to the Sr. Manager, Communications, Knowledge and Training.
- Provide guidance to others in the technical writing team.
- Work within a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a positive, customer-centric, “can do” attitude.
The ideal candidate for the Sr. Technical and Content Writer position will hit the ground running in this role, which is comprised of technical writing, strategic and integrated communications planning, content strategy, marketing, and storytelling, bringing innovation to the Communications, Knowledge and Training Team, ECIS program, customer and end user. This position plays an important role in delivering and growing customer and program initiatives to CMS staff. This entails proactively identifying end user communications needs and working collaboratively with other contracting partners. The Sr. Technical and Content Writer develops, coordinates, and sets and maintains standards for various types of written content, including integrated communication and marketing plans, end-user communications, and how-to guides, from pilot to full deployment of IT end user initiatives.
The Sr. Technical and Content Writer position is part of a multidisciplinary Communications, Knowledge, and Training Team, including technical and content writers, visual and graphic designer, multimedia videographer, knowledge specialist, training specialist, and business analyst.
Collaboration with others across the in-house program team is critical, including with project managers, IT specialists and engineers, procurement, document and quality control, service delivery, and service desk. This position includes working with the customer, internal program team members, subject matter experts, and other program partners and contractors.
Under the direction of and reporting to the Sr. Manager, Communications, Knowledge and Training, you will:
- Conceive, write, edit, and review product and project communications, including end-user and strategic planning communications. End products include, for example, email broadcasts, how-to guides, presentations, signage, posters and banners, intranet content, newsletters, events, videos, diagrams, FAQs, talking points, executive summaries, white papers, and reports.
- Work on initiatives and campaigns within an overall communications strategy.
- Conceive, develop, and lead communication campaigns from start to finish.
- Consult relevant sources, including subject matter experts, documents (and research), and client and project personnel, to obtain background information and verify pertinent guidelines and regulations governing project deliverables.
- Ensure documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhere to standards for content, format, and style, including federal Plain Language and 508 compliance.
- Support and advance internal communication processes, guidelines, and standard operating procedures.
- Work closely with team members to ensure quality control internally and with the customer.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship with customer and product owners; this position involves significant customer interaction, presentations, managing important conversations and product workflows and approvals, and plays a valuable role in program success with the customer.
- Bachelors or higher degree in writing, marketing, journalism, mass communications, integrated communications, or closely related discipline.
- 8+ years of experience creating print and digital communication deliverables.
- Experience mentoring or coaching writing or related staff.
- Proven content development and communications strategy experience.
- Ability to capture technical solutions and translate in technical documentation.
- Excellent presentation and oral communication skills (comfortable presenting in front of small and large program and customer groups).
- Ability to write to diverse content styles, audiences, and mediums (technical to creative to journalistic to marketing).
- An eye for effective communications design and composition.
- An understanding of brand.
- Ability to research and organize processes in a concise manner.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments.
- Desire to bring innovation and creative thinking to projects to meet new goals and outcomes.
All candidates supporting CMS must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
- Ability to work to 508 compliance and Plain Language.
- Understanding of human centered design (HCD).
- Experience working with agile project management, including in Jira and Confluence environments.
References may be requested.
Portfolio of work will be requested (print or digital acceptable) as part of the initial application process.
Pay Range:Pay Range $72,150.00 - $111,000.00 - $149,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.