The Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) Division of Civil Group within Leidos is looking for a Facility Security Officer to join our industrial security program and ensure security requirements are met. The FSO will coordinate and monitor highly sensitive aspects of industrial security programs and other security activities while ensuring compliance with government and company security policies and procedures. Manage oversight of classified document handling and transmissions, facility access controls, visitor controls, and security education and awareness. Have a thorough understanding of security databases such as SIMS, DISS, eQIP, NISS. The FSO is responsible for implementing and providing guidance to customers and management on security issues such as security education, classified document control, security investigations, classification control and personnel security clearances. Perform oversight and management functions for various multiple security programs. The FSO position requires the knowledge and understanding to apply Physical Security requirements, along with working knowledge of SF-86, SF-312, DD-254, SF700, SF701, and SF702 forms. Familiarity with Technology Control Plan (TCP) and Operations Security (OPSEC).
- The FSO is responsible for implementing the industrial security program and ensuring company and customer security requirements are met.
- The successful candidate will interface with all levels of Leidos personnel, contractor and government management personnel to ensure contract security compliance with 32 CFR 117 Contract Security Classification Specification (DD254) and Program Classification Guides.
- Work as a team player with various organizations, exhibit flexibility, and excellent organizational skills in a fast-paced environment
- Analyze moderate problems and provide focused solutions with the ability to effectively communicate information to various audiences. Bring security risks to the attention of the senior management and program managers as identified
- The candidate will be required to conduct security self-inspections, apply risk mitigation methodologies, support customer assessments, and implement security measures to meet requirements.
- The FSO must possess the confidence to make critical security decisions concerning high value contracts and to implement security procedures that will prevent unauthorized access to company and government facilities or information.
- Provide clear guidance to company employees and recommend modifications to operations policies or procedures as appropriate.
- Administer day-to-day security programs, personnel processing, program reviews, document control system, audits & self-inspections, security violation investigations & reports, receipt/dispatch/destruction/mail logs, visit certs, etc.
- Typically requires a BA degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Candidates must possess an active Department of Defense Secret clearance
- Thorough working knowledge of 32 CFR 117, other relevant DoD or TSA security guidance
- Demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple tasks and conflicting customer requirements
- Self-starter with ability to work independently, customer service orientated
- Commitment to security - creating and delivering the highest value to customers
- Ability to interpret company and government security policies and apply them to program operations
- Strong understanding of Physical Security requirements to include collateral Closed Areas. Along with working knowledge of SF-86, SF-312, DD-254, SF700, SF701, SF702 and other required forms
- Thorough understanding of security databases such as DISS, eQIP, NISS and complete DISS User Levels 2-6 Training within six months after being hired
- Experience creating and conducting initial security briefings, debriefings, indoctrinations, pre/post
- Foreign travel briefings and refresher briefings, as appropriate
- Ability to develop and establish an effective security awareness, training, and education program. Assist in executing the requirements set forth in the Technology Control Plan (TCP) for foreign visitors.
- Communicates with parties within and outside of own area, which may include external constituents depending upon the area. Requires ability to provide guidance to other organizations on policies, practices, and procedures
- Assist with proposal writing and contract closeouts
- CDSE FSO Program Management for Possessing Facilities Curriculum Certificate
- Industrial Security Professional (ISP) Certification or Certified Protection Professional (CPP)
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Courier preparation procedures
- Experience developing and implementing OPSEC plans
- Knowledge of Access Control and Intrusion Detection Systems
- Experience conducting Security incident inquiries
- Resourceful in solving problem and capitalizing on opportunities
Our Tewksbury office is a fast-paced, diverse and collaborative environment, only a short commute from downtown Boston and Nashua. We offer flexible work arrangements and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, exciting referral programs, and an inclusive and ethical work place.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.
Check out this link to learn more about Security Enterprise Solutions (SES), formally known as Security Detection & Automation.
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.