Leidos is currently seeking a Software Engineer to provide Software Development and Software Sustainment Support of the Department of Army’s (DA’s) Army Counterintelligence Operations Portal (ACOP), Counterintelligence Threat Management (CITM), and NATO Counterintelligence Reporting Portal (NCIRP) in Alexandria, VA. The 5-year ACOP program is looking to modernize the current application with the end goal of ACOP being fully functional in the cloud for Army users around the world.
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Analyzes and troubleshoots extremely complex software problems and provides solutions using the latest technologies.
- Designs and/or implements complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Collaborate with other team members to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interface
- Coordinates software system installation and implements recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop, integrates, tests, maintains, and supports high-performance, innovative software and web-based applications.
- Experience with RedHat and Linux
- Experience maintaining legacy codebase while recommending upgrades for existing software
- Experience in standing up and maintaining web-form based UI designs
- Experience in standing up and utilizing REST service (or similar) APIs
- Experience with communicating/transmitting data to/from backend database (in this case, PostgreSQL)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study.
- DoD 85701.01-M IAT, Level II certification i.e. Security+, CCNA Security, GICSP, SSCP
- 10+ years’ demonstrated experience in design and development of Java based web applications.
- Candidate must have US citizenship
- Active TOP SECRET clearance
- Experience with SecDevOps or DevSecOps.
- Active TOP SECRET/SCI clearance
- Experience in Systems Integration
- Experience in writing and reviewing SOPs, process documents, CONOPS, and other technical documents.
- Cloud Migration Experience
- Cloud Development Experience
- Experience with cloud-designs (including dynamic server allocation, archiving, failovers, etc.), virtualization environments, “infrastructure as code”, and associated development processes for each.
- Atlassian toolset (confluence, Jira, Bitbucket)
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.