Leidos is seeking a C++ Software Engineer for embedded systems to support the development and integration of Autonomous Underwater Vehicle programs that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across multiple Department of Defense agencies. This position is located at either the Lynnwood or Poulsbo, WA office.
- Develop, test, debug and document embedded software enabling custom electronic systems to perform all functions necessary to meet overall system objectives.
- The software engineer will develop software for maritime autonomous programs in the following areas:
- Design, implementation and debugging of autonomous applications in C++
- Software design and development using VisualCode, Eclipse, Qt Creator and other IDE’s on a Linux operating system.
- Working knowledge of multiple operating systems (Ubuntu, Red Hat, etc.).
- Implement various design patterns such as MVC, SOA, publish-subscribe and state machines using open standards, services and interfaces.
- Developing device drivers that implement serial, TCP/IP and SPI interfaces for various types of controllers, actuators and sensors.
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience developing software for various embedded processors, such as ARM, from bare metal to Linux based operating systems
- Familiarity with lab equipment such as spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and signal generators
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools, to include: Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Awareness of Configuration Management principles
- Experience with version control system such as Git and/or SVN.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Experience with Leidos processes and policies, or equivalent experience in other corporations
- Specific experience in the design, development, integration, and test of autonomous or remotely operated undersea vehicle systems
- Experience with MBSE Systems Modeling Language (SysML) tools such as Cameo Magic Draw
- Experience with ROS
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.