Looking for the opportunity to get your hands dirty with an HPC? Looking for a dynamic opportunity that offers you the challenge of tackling IT issues to then working risk/vulnerabilities with the ISSO team. The Leidos Intelligence Group is seeking a talented Network Engineer in Reston, Virginia. Our interdisciplinary and dynamic R&D team focuses on interoperability of network systems. You need to be creative, yet provide a sound, approach to identifying and solving challenges with these interrelated systems in a customer setting and have exceptional attention to detail and a commitment to thoroughness. Work will be performed in a fast-paced, high-energy environment within a government facility. You should demonstrate a willingness to consider highly complex state of the art biological problems and use advanced techniques under guidance to provide answers. You should have the ability think differently, unconventionally, and from a new perspective.
Main responsibility is managing IT systems and assist with Authorization To Operate (ATO) accreditation. As well as leveraging IT infrastructure network experiences daily to solve advance completed problems. Analyze intelligence when available, if not available use reverse engineering and best practices to produce assessments, briefs, papers, graphics, and data. Develop counter IT infrastructure R&D projects to advance the community understanding and capabilities. Serve the team as the System Admin and IT network subject matter expert. During exercises and customer driven requirements provide on-site 24/7 IT support.
- Candidate must possess an active TS/SCI, or a Top Secret clearance with a current SSBI, and be eligible to obtain a TS/SCI w/ Poly level clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering,
or related IT discipline or equivalency of at least 8 years of related experience.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and customer relation skills
- Ability to resolve complex, unclear problems and issues with research and nontraditional solutions.
- Is capable of creating briefs and white papers using Microsoft office products
- Conduct preventive maintenance on existing server assets
- Experience with or familiarity with software and security architectures.
- Knowledge in coordinating problem resolution and working across IT functional areas
- Ability to manage multiple task/events simultaneously and deliver on time.
- Hands on experience working in a diverse IT environment ranging from Red Hat Linux, Windows 10/2016 server O&M to VMware
- Be able to troubleshoot a hardware issue and open case with the vendor for repair
- Perform operating system software updates/upgrades.
- Maintain Asset Management records.
- Requires active Security+ CE certification
- MS in Information Technology or related degree
- Exploitation of national level intelligence
- Working knowledge of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) – Research & Development Directorate
- Experience working with Combatant Commands
- Knowledge of High-Performance Computer (HPC)and HP/Dell hardware server system
- Experience administering Linux and Unix systems
- Understanding of advanced security protocols and standards
- Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) and XACTA
- 10-15 years’ experience supporting the intelligence and/or DoD communities
- 5+ years’ experience with DIA CIO Authorization To Operate (ATO) accreditation
- 5+ years’ experience being the Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
- 5+ years’ experience with JWICS software accreditation
- 5+ years’ experience System Administrator of standalone Local Area Network (LAN)
- 5+ years’ experience system lockdown and access control
- 5+ years’ experience managing IT Service Desk tickets
- 5+ years’ experience managing IT Government Furnished Equipment (GFE)/ Contract Acquired Property (CAP) Inventory
- 5+ years’ experience managing equipment logistics within the DIA Logistics Operations Center (DLOC) enterprise
- 5+ years’ experience writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Concept of Operations (CONCOPS)
- 5+ years’ experience conducting research advanced emerging software
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.