Discover yourself at Leidos! Join our team and we’ll unleash your talents to solve most challenging technical problems.
Leidos is seeking proficient Chinese Language candidates to support DoD programs in Greenwood Village Colorado (Denver , Lakewood , Aurora Metro Area)
The Translator will be an onsite translator of primary source materials in support of a high-level DoD program. The position requires a high level of Chinese language proficiency (focus is reading national defense, military, and technical materials) and strong written English language proficiency. Position expects open-mindedness to learn and work with linguist and non-linguist Subject Matter Experts, and a teamwork approach. Minimum qualifications for DLPT 5, if taken, are 2+/2+ in Mandarin Reading and Listening.
Note-Relocation assistance may be available.
- Produce highly accurate translation of military science and military technical Chinese language material (primarily simplified characters) into English, at professional-standard speed and volume.
- Provide linguist support to team members to support multi-disciplinary program.
- Research digital materials as needed to support acquisition of materials and language-specific inquiries
- Bachelors’ Degree with 2-5 years of applicable experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must be a U.S Citizen and have a current Secret Security Clearance or be able to qualify for Secret Clearance ( Interim) after being hired.
- Must have a high level of Chinese language proficiency (focus is reading national defense, military, and technical materials) and strong written English language proficiency.
- Must have a DLPT 5, if taken, score of 2+/2+ or higher in Mandarin.
- Candidates will be required to perform language translation exercise prior to hiring.
- Familiarity and facility with technical (mathematic and scientific) language, previous professional translation experience, and knowledge of pinyin Romanization
Applicant must meet one of three security clearance criteria: 1) have an active SECRET clearance; 2) have SECRET eligibility based on a previous access debrief date within the last two years; or, 3) accept an offer based on a contingency that they must be able to obtain Interim SECRET clearance within 45 days from date of the offer.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.