Leidos has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer, located in Dayton, OH, directly supporting our R&D customer. The selected candidate will provide technical leadership by ensuring the architecture design, prototype, integration, testing, and demonstration of cutting-edge, next-generation Open Architecture software throughout various design and development phases to characterize the customer requirements. The multi-year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an ongoing mission and operating system standards.
What you will get to do on a daily basis:
- Lead program technical solution development activities
- Responsible for significant customer interaction, including presentation of solution options and recommendations
- Standard engineering methodologies, processes, and tools will be used to perform problem-solving, solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities
- Responsible for planning technical software baselines developing and implementing an integration plan, planning, and coordinating User Acceptance test plans, and plans for software release
- Responsible for writing and maintaining source code, creating, and maintaining software applications, and applying frameworks involved in a software release.
- Responsible for the specification, design, development, implementation, unit testing, integration testing, writing documentation, and systems requirements analysis of technical products and systems.
- Drive customer and internal support for and execution around continuous R&D requirements for both internal and external customers.
- Technical customer requirements – discovery and analysis of requirements. Impact assessment and estimates against customer-provided specifications.
- Recommends and develops new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of functions, strategy, and operations.
To be successful in this job you will need these:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related engineering/technical discipline with 12+ years of relevant software engineering experience; or a Master’s degree with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be a US citizen
- Must have an active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility
- Experience in project scheduling using MS Project
- Experience in leading and mentoring a small team of system engineers.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git); issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira); and continuous integration environments (Jenkins).
- Must have experience leading the development of solutions for proposals, writing technical volume, and RFI responses
- Experience in Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with software development life-cycle products from requirements, design, implementation, and testing phases
- Proficiency with C/C++ and/or Java programming
- Operating Environments: Linux / Windows
- Proficiency with Microsoft Visual Studio, and Eclipse/NetBeans IDEs
- Has in-depth understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts, and their application across a range of programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with supervising technical personnel
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Software development/engineering experience with open architectures such as Open Mission Systems
- CMAKE, GIT and shell scripting experience
- Experience writing documentation in accordance with DD Form 1423-1 Contract Data Requirements List
- Model Based Systems Engineering experience
- Familiarity with server infrastructure products: VMware / WebLogic Server
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.