The Intelligence and Homeland Security Group of Leidos is seeking a Watch Officer to support an Intelligence Community (IC) program in Tysons/McLean VA area. An Active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance is required to be considered for this position. The candidate will support Government staff in developing a broad range of written products in support of senior leadership and USG policymakers on a 24x7 Watch.
Watch Officers supporting DNI Watch Operations shall be responsible for the following tasks:
- Support 24x7 ODNI Watch activities, working 12 hour rotating shifts, as deemed appropriate by the Government. Act as the 24-hour point-of-contact (POC) for the DNI.
- Monitor intelligence traffic utilizing ODNI-designated networks and databases
- Monitor and answer all commercial and secure phones related to the ODNI Watch. Represent ODNI in Noble Eagle, NOIWON, MOTR calls, and other official business conference calls.
- Perform other situational awareness and communications facilitation functions, as required.
- Collaborate and crosstalk daily via phone and electronic mail with IC and CT partners to maintain awareness of issues which may be of interest and significance to ODNI leadership and provide documentation of all activities and communications in the form of standardized log notes.
- Act as the after-hour courier receiver for deliveries to the ODNI.
- Ensure receipt and distribution of information including, but not limited to, CRITICS, Noble Eagle alerts, NSA E and I series reporting, and State No Distribution/ Exclusive Distribution (NODIS/EXDIS) reporting, as appropriate.
- Perform various duties of the ODNI Executive Support Office during non-business hours, as required.
- Mobilize to report to designated alternate facilities — local and remote —and execute assigned duties for potentially extended periods of time during emergency situations (actual or exercises).
- Maintain the ability to operate the alternate facilities and demonstrate this ability upon request of the Government (actual or exercises).
- Maintain situational awareness of world events by monitoring intelligence and other USG reporting as well as Open-Source reporting via Trident and the internet. Communicate with IC partners to maintain awareness of issues which may be of interest and significance to ODNI leadership.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the ODNI organization and the DNI' s priorities to effectively identify issues requiring/warranting executive attention.
- Alert the ODNI Front Office (FO) and leadership of significant events which may require action by the DNI or any of the ODNI components.
- Forward intelligence reporting to ODNI senior leadership, in accordance with FO guidance.
- Alert ODNI senior leadership to events and reporting of interest.
- Coordinate distribution and dissemination within the IC for Executive Branch speech review in coordination with the ODNI Executive Secretary.
- Receive and track National Security Council (NSC) meetings, agendas, and read-ahead materials.
- Manage eWASH, WASHFAX, and associated Crisis Management Communications (CMS) system operations.
- Uses a Panama Schedule- 5 week rotating schedule: (2 weeks x night shift (4PM-4AM), 2 weeks x day shift (4AM-4PM), 1 x week transition (8AM-4PM). Average ~40 hours/week over the 5-week period (some weeks are more, others are less than 40 hrs).
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph
- Demonstrate experience in supporting 24x7 Watch operation
- Experience in DNI watch policies and ability to training others on those policies and procedures
- Experience working with one or more of the 17 IC agencies, DOS, DOD, and/or DOJ.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the following areas: All Source information including, HUMINT, SIGINT, IMINT, Open Source, and ELINT.
- Ability to support 24x7 watch operations working twelve hours shifts
- BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for education.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.