Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry? Leidos is seeking an Administrative Assistant who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor-Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago.
Leidos has an opening for a highly motivated candidate to join our team as an Administrative Assistant. This position requires a person with demonstrated office management expertise, superior professional demeanor, and the ability to learn and accomplish a wide variety of day-to-day responsibilities that ensure program success. Key attributes include initiative as well as critical thinking to identify and prioritize actions to assist the team to be successful in achieving program goals.
Location: Candidate is expected to report to the office/client site in downtown New Orleans a minimum of 3+ days a week. Some weeks it may be 4-5 days a week in the office.
Duties to be performed include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for providing administrative assistance to a large team of 200+ employees.
- Responsible for scheduling travel and completing expense reports.
- Responsible for answering employee questions and pointing them in the right direction (time charging questions, location specific locations, and other questions as they arise).
- Responsible for arranging meetings including scheduling the conference room and ordering lunch.
- Responsible for onboarding/offboarding employees, which will include ordering/collecting equipment, helping set up user ID, deactivate user IDs, and answering first day and last day questions.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of client files and privacy of information.
- Requires strong organizational skills, good time management, attention to detail, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Primary responsibilities require strong computer skills for managing databases, word processing, and spreadsheets.
- Work on assignments that are routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
Required Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent with 2+ years of administrative experience
- Must have strong computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be flexible team player with the ability to handle multiple tasks and assist all team members
- Must be able to work well under deadlines and changes
- Must be very detail oriented
- Demonstrated persistence in following-through on action items and open issues to full closure
- Experience booking travel and creating expense reports in Concur (preferred)
- Experience with onboarding/offboarding employees to include ordering/collecting equipment, first day details, answering first day questions (preferred)
Program Specific Range: $21.63/hr to $26.45/hr
Pay Range:Pay Range $42,250.00 - $65,000.00 - $87,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.