Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next challenge?
We are in search of a Project Engineer to join the Aviation Integration, Maintenance, Sustainment and Safety (AIMSS) Branch of Leidos in Manassas, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to lead the design, development, and fielding of innovative solutions for airborne ISR aircraft. The Project Engineer, reporting to the Project Engineering Manager, provides expertise on aircraft systems (mechanical, structures, avionics, propulsion, etc.) and serves as a resource to the integrated team of aviation professionals.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
THE CHALLENGE (primary responsibilities)
- Provide knowledge and expertise to colleagues while managing project tasks and schedules across multiple technical functional areas.
- As part of an engineering team, execute midsize engineering projects with aggressive timelines while interfacing with Government and industry customers and airworthiness authorities to understand requirements and develop innovative solutions.
- Apply project management principles to plan, design, build, integrate, test, certify, and operationally sustain manned aircraft.
- Work closely with project managers to capture and derive program requirements, track and reports task statuses, and ensure tasks are executed efficiently and on schedule.
- Review and prepare engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation.
- Work closely with the engineering team to plan, execute, document, and deliver airworthiness and requirements documentation for the design, production, and testing of aircraft systems.
- Work closely with the configuration management team to development and maintain aircraft configuration documentation.
WHAT SETS YOU APART (basic qualifications)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TOP SECRET security clearance.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution and minimum of 4 years of related systems engineering; degree can be substituted with minimum total of 2 years of systems engineering experience.
- Strong knowledge in aircraft structures, systems, and modifications.
- Experience with military and civil airworthiness.
- Diverse engineering experience with hardware integration programs.
- Experience developing and reading engineering drawings, both mechanical and electrical.
- Comfortable in the presentation program status briefs to customers and senior decision makers.
- Experience working in AS9100/ISO 9001 environments.
- Leadership, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Candidate must be able to travel throughout the U.S. to support program events
- Up to 10% CONUS and OCONUS travel required
- Ability to obtain a passport or visa to travel internationally.
Security Clearance Requirement
- An active DoD Secret clearance to start, with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI
Preferred, not required
- Knowledge and experience with ISR aircraft
- INCOSE ASEP/CSEP or DODAF certified
- PMP certified
- Knowledgeable in Risk Management Framework
- Active Top Secret clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.