We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Systems Engineer on our large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of a mission critical enterprise Identity, Credential, and Access Management (ICAM) system. The work being performed on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. You will join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
***This position can be located in either the Chantilly, VA or Gaithersburg, MD Leidos locations. This is a hybrid position where the work can be done a couple days remotely***
- Technical support, coordination, and execution of systems engineering activities such as feature/requirements analysis, design, implementation planning, integration and test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment
- Establish a design framework that can be utilized to capture the key information for all existing, new, and enhanced features of our services and capabilities
- Identify solution options and perform and document analyses of alternatives associated with technical solutions for needs, requirements, or use cases
- Perform systems engineering tasks within time-boxed (e.g. agile) sprints and releases. Support sprint and release planning activities as well as the creation of and/or input to work tickets (e.g. JIRA) as well as program/system documentation through the use of collaboration software (e.g. Confluence)
- Collaborate with Test Team on the development and modification of requirements and the development or modification of test procedures
- Collaborate with technical leadership on strategies and implementation of automated tests in support of use cases and requirements.
- Enhance existing / produce new documents such as System CONOP, service detailed designs, system administration guides, and user guides
- Bachelors of Science and 4- 8 years of prior relevant experience or a Master of Science degree with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience with decomposing need statements, requirements, and use cases into technical solutions
- Experience with identifying open standards software solutions and components and their associated interfaces and networking, infrastructure, database, and platform specifications (cloud or on-premise) for the delivery of software components
- Experience producing technical documentation such as CONOP, detailed designs, whitepapers, administrator and / or user guides
- Understanding of the DODAF and its associated views
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team and independently
- Proactive, self-motivated, innovative thinker
- Strong attention to detail; highly organized
- Understanding of how to architect a system for high availability and fault tolerance
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor your messaging to difference audiences, both technical and non-technical
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Local to DC/Maryland/Virginia
- Active Top Secret (eligible for SCI) clearance*
- All candidates must be US CITIZENS to be considered for the position
- Experience working on an enterprise-level project or system with high availability and accountability requirements
- Knowledge of or experience with solutions incorporating one or more of the following Identity, Credential, and Access Management (ICAM) standards or concepts:
- Attribute and Identity Federation
- Identity provisioning / de-provisioning
- OAuth 2.0
- OpenID Connect (OIDC)
- Multi-factor Authentication solutions (AAL2 and AAL3)
- Single Sign On
- Entitlement Management
- Familiarity or previous experience with multiple of the following technologies:
- Rest, XML, and JSON
- Cloud infrastructure platforms (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure)
- API Gateways
- Familiarity with one or more of the following:
- Database setup and integration, both relational and NoSQL (Oracle DB, MySQL, CouchDB)
- DevOps automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Source control and Agile development tools (Git, Maven, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence)
- Analytics and search engines (Elasticsearch, Splunk, Apache Solr)
- Web application proxies
Requires an active Top Secret security clearance upon hire and must meet SCI eligibility. Must be willing and able to obtain a polygraph within the customer’s timeline after hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
This is a fully funded position and contingent on clearance crossover
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.