At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science.
Leidos Intelligence Group is seeking Network Provision Engineers to join our team at client sites in Herndon, McLean, and Culpeper, VA. In this position you will leverage your knowledge of network security policy and utilize your experience with intrusion detection, network ports and protocols (DNS, DHCP, IP, TCP, etc.), McAfee security appliances, Cisco routers, switches, and ASA firewalls to:
- Configure, maintain, and manage McAfee and Palo Alto firewall devices,
- Create firewall rules and perform network troubleshooting,
- Ensure successful integration of network systems and components,
- Receive project tasking, review approved engineering design, validate router/switch/firewall to including complex scripts,
- Conduct network implementation, testing, and troubleshooting, including support of after-hours implementations,
- Fulfill reporting functions on network status.
- TS/SCI with polygraph clearance
- Ability to satisfy a government-administered high risk screening
- Experience with surveys, installing conveyances, pulling and terminating cable, determining and implementing required pin outs, installing and configuring equipment chase, cards power supplies, racks, patch panels, etc., testing and documenting installations, dressing and labeling cables, racks, patch panels, etc.
- Understanding of network ports and protocols (DNS, DHCP, IP, TCP, etc.)
- Detailed understanding of EIGRP, OSP, BGP/MP-BGP, and MPLS routing protocols
- Experience with McAfee and Palo Alto firewall devices
- Prerequisite knowledge of the latest Cisco and Juniper routing and switching platforms (for Service Provider Core/Edge, Datacenter, and Branch devices)
- Familiarity with Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPNs
- Experience with firewall rule creations, Splunk, network troubleshooting, network routing
- Experience with Cisco routers, switches, and ASA firewalls
- Intrusion detection experience
- TCP/UP knowledge and CISSP or other security certifications
- Candidate must have a total of 10 years of applicable experience. The experience can be a combination of degree and work history. This can be a High School degree and 10 years of work history or an Associate’s and 8 years, a Bachelors’ and 6 years, a Masters and 4 years or a PhD and 2 years of work history
- Hands-on experience with Firewall appliances (VPN Concentrator and Adaptive Security Appliance) is preferred
- BICSI Certification and RCDD/DD Certification
- Cisco certification
Pay Range: $66,300 - $102,000 - $137,700
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.