Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The Leidos Civil group is seeking a mid-level Environmental Scientist/Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) Team, providing support to the Federal Aviation Administration. The will be a hybrid position with 50% travel, 25% working remote/25% in the Fort Worth TX Regional office.
- Perform assessments of existing and proposed FAA Unstaffed Infrastructure (UIS) facilities, including, but not limited to the conduct and/or review of environmental due diligence documentation, hazardous materials surveys, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) evaluations, and other environmental tasks.
- Coordinate with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Consult with applicable regulatory agencies, as needed.
- Prepare permit applications and other regulatory-required documents.
- Prepare technical statements of work for FAA contracted services.
- Conduct site visits and attend project meetings, as required.
- Review and interpret technical drawings and specifications to understand project scope and the applicability of environmental requirements.
- Act as subject matter expert for project/program stakeholders.
- Provide project support from planning through completion.
- Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science/Studies/Policy (or similar) Degree (B.S.). Minimum 4 to 8 years of related experience as a project manager for environmental planning, environmental due diligence, and/or environmental remediation projects.
- Qualified Environmental Professional, per ASTM E1527-21 and/or All Appropriate Inquiries (AAI) regulations (40 CFR 312)
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust. Public Trust requires US Citizenship.
- Demonstrated aptitude for collaboration, teamwork, and risk management.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form to individuals at different organizational levels.
- Strong writing, time-management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently within a fast-paced, large engineering organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with different schedules and requirements.
- FAA Experience or Military Aviation background highly desired.
- Prior environmental consulting experience for FAA or other Federal agencies
- Experience preparing NEPA Environmental Assessments and/or Environmental Impact Statements
- Experience with special purpose laws, such the Clean Water Act, National Historic Preservation Act, and the Endangered Species Act, etc.
- Master’s Degree with 2 to 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.