Leidos seeks a Network Operations Engineer – Voice Administrator with network and server experience to support the DoD Mobility Classified Capability (DMCC) program in San Antonio, TX.
This role supports a 24x7 operation and candidates must be able to support quarterly shift rotations and occasional on-call and after hours work.
We seek a candidate with expertise in Cisco Voice platforms, Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) and Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the DoD's secure mobile device capability service. In this role, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical expertise for daily operations and maintenance of voice and data network systems.
- Effectively troubleshooting, isolating, and resolving technical problems for IP telephony, routing, and switching.
- Preparing and maintaining technical documentation, drawings and related artifacts.
- Collaborating with other technical experts and project/team leaders to provide engineering solutions for design changes and upgrades.
- Developing solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple networks, systems, and devices.
You will work as part of a Network Operations team responsible for managing an infrastructure comprised of a variety of systems supporting voice and data services. Your experience with operating and maintaining some/all of the following systems is preferred:
- Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) (required)
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) (required)
- Cisco Routers and Switches (required)
- Cisco ASA Firewalls (required)
- Juniper Firewalls
- F5 BIG-IP Traffic Managers
- Windows servers
- Linux servers
- VMware/ESXi virtualization
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of related experience or Master’s degree and 6 years of related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active DoD SECRET clearance
- DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 certification (Security+ CE)
- Experience troubleshooting, configuring, and maintaining all aspects of a Cisco voice and data network
- Expertise in SIP internetworking
- Configuring route plans, route lists, device profiles, calling search spaces, and route partitions
- Experience providing technical problem resolution for complex network infrastructure problems or anomalies
- Developing technical work instructions and reporting in support of an enterprise IP telephony network
- Support the design, testing, and implementation of network, system, and infrastructure changes
- Working knowledge of Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) including associated codecs (e.g., G.711 and G.729).
- Experience designing, configuring and troubleshooting QoS classification, marking and prioritization of network traffic (voice, critical applications, etc.).
- Experience troubleshooting, configuring, and maintaining IP networks: LAN/WAN, VLAN, STP, Trunking, Static / Dynamic routing (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF)
- Knowledge of advanced networking techniques: port aggregation, IPSEC, L2TP/VPN, IPS route-maps and capture filters
- Experience with Windows AD Domain Services, SCCM and WSUS configuration/management
- Experience with Red Hat Linux CLI and a basic understanding of the Linux operating system
- Certifications with major system vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Microsoft, and Red Hat
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.