Come join one of our high performing teams responsible for building enterprise solutions serving the Veterans Affairs. Be part of the mission solution and help lead VA’s Digital Modernization Strategy. Are you an US citizen, US resident, or Visa candidate and think you might fit the job description? We recommend you apply and start the conversation today! Join us in supporting Veterans Affairs and our nation’s Veterans.
Your passion and values might be a good fit for our teams if you answer “yes” to the following questions:
- Are you looking for a company that puts employees first, with a focus on career, flexibility, and well-being?
- Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and teammates and believe that the best ideas are fostered in an inclusive environment?
- Are you searching for a team with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive for daily mission success?
- Are you comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership?
- Do you enjoy being a catalyst, solving complex problems, and providing innovative solutions?
- Do you have the flexibility, creativity, and resilience to pivot the mission for success?
- Do you have the courage to make tough ethical decisions with pride, transparency, and respect?
Leidos is seeking a seasoned Training & Communications Lead to work as part of a large customer-facing project team supporting the Dept. of Veterans Affairs transition to a new HR management system. The Training & Communications Lead will work closely with the Change Management Lead on the project to support the users’ adoption of the new system and processes through a significant, well-coordinated training and communications campaign. The successful candidate will be an agent for change, possess high energy, have a passion for quality, and be self-motivated.
This position requires the ability to obtain a National Agency Clearance and Inquiries (NACI) clearance.
- Responsible for planning, developing and delivering training programs and communications to prepare the end users for the rollout of the new HR management system at Veterans Affairs.
- Leads team comprised of training curriculum developers, training writers, end user trainers, technical trainers, training event coordinators, communication specialists
- Duties include analyzing training needs and developing programs to address them; evaluating third party training providers; developing lesson plans, training materials, course content and methodology; and managing delivery of training across multiple formats.
- Evaluates the efficacy of training and application of knowledge, provides train-the-trainer programs and qualifies trainers for content delivery.
- Develops the Training Plan detailing the approach to develop and deliver role-based training to VA.
- Manages the delivery of trainings either in-person or virtually including Train-the-Trainer, new user training, refresher training, self-paced training, training videos, and interactive training sessions. Provides virtual Tier 1 Service Desk Training for all system changes/releases.
- Manages the creation of training materials such as: FAQs, Job Aids, Training Videos, Activity Guides, Micro-Learning, Gamification options, Simulation Learning – self paced, In system widgets/popups.
- Develop a comprehensive Communications Strategy and Plan that aligns to the Change Management Plan and with the Training Plan. \
- Manages the development of communication materials (memos, newsletters, presentations) per the Communication Plan.
- 8+ years of experience supervising or leading training and communication teams in support of large federal customers.
- Ability to multi-task, complete tasks without direct supervision, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Customer-facing experience
- Results oriented and not afraid to take initiative, organized, innovative, resourceful, high-level integrity and ethics and sense of urgency to deliver quality services
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, & Project) and in training development and delivery tools
- Veterans Affairs experience
- Experience with Agile principles in software development environments
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
Pay Range:Pay Range $90,350.00 - $139,000.00 - $187,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.