Come join one of our high performing teams responsible for building enterprise solutions serving the Veterans Affairs. Be part of the mission solution and help lead VA’s Digital Modernization Strategy. Are you an US citizen, US resident, or Visa candidate and think you might fit the job description? We recommend you apply and start the conversation today! Join us in supporting Veterans Affairs and our nation’s Veterans.
Your passion and values might be a good fit for our teams if you answer “yes” to the following questions:
- Are you looking for a company that puts employees first, with a focus on career, flexibility, and well-being?
- Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and teammates and believe that the best ideas are fostered in an inclusive environment?
- Are you searching for a team with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive for daily mission success?
- Are you comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership?
- Do you enjoy being a catalyst, solving complex problems, and providing innovative solutions?
- Do you have the flexibility, creativity, and resilience to pivot the mission for success?
- Do you have the courage to make tough ethical decisions with pride, transparency, and respect?
Leidos is seeking a seasoned Quality Assurance Manager to work as part of a large customer-facing project team supporting the Dept. of Veterans Affairs. This position serves as the member of a team with the responsibility to ensure the highest quality service is provided to our customer through the generation and control of program processes, performance of regularly scheduled internal process audits and the consistent facilitation of structured improvement activities. The successful candidate will be an agent for change, possess high energy, have a passion for quality, and be self-motivated.
This position requires the ability to obtain a National Agency Clearance and Inquiries (NACI) clearance.
- Develop, implement and maintain technical quality assurance and control systems for the program.
- Define and specify the implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, accuracy, and reliability of our project team’s outputs.
- Manage program instantiation of the Quality Management System. Deploy and implement appropriate QMS processes.
- Recommend, facilitate, track and report on continuous process improvement activities.
- Implement audit practices for internal processes and products.
- Ensure adherence to all standards, Leidos policies, and best practices.
- Assist the Program Manager and the technical team leads in defining the right KPIs to capture in order to track the health of the program and the customer’s ROI on the investment made in the program.
- Support the development and collection of performance metrics. Oversee the development of a program-level dashboard to display KPI metrics and produce KPI reports.
- Track, analyze and report to program management on trends found in the performance metrics. Manage the Program Metrics Analyst responsible for the production of KPI reports and interpretation of the KPI data for internal and customer reporting.
- Provide the program manager with timely metrics and audit outcomes to gauge progress towards quality objectives.
- Manage a 508 Compliance Specialist and oversee the Section 508 compliance verification of document deliverables and outputs.
- Report to higher level management on Quality Achievement and act as liaison for enterprise quality initiatives for the program.
- Review and submit contract deliverables.
- 8+ years of experience providing Quality Management with Software Development and IT Service Management Projects
- Experience auditing to external quality standards such as ISO9001/ISO20000/AS9100/CMMI Dev or Svc
- Experienced with peer reviews and process auditing
- Experience collecting and analyzing metrics
- Ability to multi-task, complete tasks without direct supervision, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Customer-facing experience
- Team management experience
- Results oriented and not afraid to take initiative, organized, innovative, resourceful, high-level integrity and ethics and sense of urgency to deliver quality services
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, & Project)
- BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience supporting Federal customers
- Veterans Affairs experience
- Lean Six-Sigma Green Belt
- Experience with Agile principles in software development environment
- Minimal (<10%)
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.