Leidos is seeking an experienced Sr. Tester/508 Compliance Specialist to work as part of a large customer-facing project team, to participate in software testing activities and perform 508-compliance testing on all software products produced on the project.
This position requires the ability to obtain a National Agency Clearance and Inquiries (NACI) clearance.
- Develop Test Plan to support the testing and deployment of the new HR system solution at Veterans Affairs (VA).
- Develop and submit to the VA the test strategy section of the Test Plan demonstrating the strategy to provide testing support ensuring the configured system meets the requirements in accordance with the Business Requirements Document and the Requirements Traceability Matrix, fully operable, interoperable with necessary interfaces, defect free, and compliant with Section 508 standards and regulations.
- Use agile best practices for integration testing into each agile development sprint and release.
- Perform testing related to both functional and non-functional requirements, (e.g. load, performance, installation, back-out, roll-out), and have non-functional requirements indicated in the test plan.
- Document test cases and test results and connect them to the requirements in the Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Ensure that test plans and test cases are updated daily.
- Provide support to the VA for UAT and IV&V testing.
- Use Section 508 compliance testing tools and checklists to evaluate software, web, and mobile application user interfaces (UI) for Section 508 compliance.
- Maintain awareness of Section 508 guidance and direction from Federal sources, such as Section508.gov, Usability.gov, and VA’s Section 508 team.
- Provide feedback to development teams on inefficiencies within the current implementation and opportunities for enhancement.
- Leveraging various automation products to scale 508 automation capabilities across the program.
- 8+ years of prior experience with software and system integration testing.
- 5+ years of experience with enforcing Section 508 compliance requirements for applications and electronic documents.
- Knowledge of Section 508 guidance and direction from Federal agencies.
- Excellent understanding of the Testing Lifecycle and the different types of testing such as unit testing, functional testing, integration testing, regression testing, and with test automation.
- Demonstrable systems integration experience including integrating 3rd party systems or components.
- Experience in Agile test methodology
- Experience of taking ownership and driving delivery of testing activities.
- Experience of creating Test Cases and test scripts based on requirements and design documents.
- Results oriented and not afraid to take initiative, organized, innovative, resourceful, high-level integrity and ethics and sense of urgency to deliver quality services
- BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Veterans Affairs experience
- Team management experience
- Minimal (<10%)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.