Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Defense Group at Leidos has a career opening for a CONUS Information Assurance Lead to work in our Bridgewater, VA office with periodic travel to various Leidos and customer facilities as well as some OCONUS sites as needed. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to use your experience to advance the AFRICOM Reconnaissance Intelligence Exploitation Services (ARIES) mission in support of United States Africa Command. In this role, you’ll be leading a team of IA analysts, defining requirements, implementing cybersecurity strategies, and executing continuous monitoring supporting for DoD systems.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
THE CHALLENGE (primary responsibilities)
- Oversee daily operations of a team of information assurance and cyber security analysts.
- Interface with corporate management, government representatives, sub-contractors, and third-party vendors to develop, understand, and communicate requirements and ensure timely completion of contractual obligations.
- Create and maintain program accreditation documentation, evidence, and RMF artifacts associated with Authority to Operate (ATO) and Interim Authorizations to Test (IATT) components.
- Support the design, development, and implementation of solutions that meet network and system security requirements and perform vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems, networks and applications in conjunction with the tasking being simultaneously performed by the other Cyber professionals, network staff, other teammates and Government staff.
- Support multiple systems and function interchangeably within a team of engineers to support a cross functional approach to resolving the myriad of issues confronting applications and systems operating within a highly complex and interconnected networked environment.
WHAT SETS YOU APART (job qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or master’s with less than 4 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II or IAM Level II
- Three (3) years or more experience with one or more of the following:
- Successfully applying information assurance principles to obtain and maintain ATOs
- Successfully managing IA & CS teams to obtain and maintain ATOs
- Successfully interacting with corporate management, government representatives, sub-contractors, and third-party vendors to obtain and maintain ATOs
- Experience with eMASS &/or XACTA
- Experience recommending additional security requirements and safeguards
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to successfully accomplish the CONUS Replacement Center course which requires successful deployment physical, immunizations, and training.
Travel and Work Schedule Requirement
- Up to 10% CONUS and OCONUS travel required
- Willing to work long, irregular hours in hardship and hazardous locations when OCONUS.
Security Clearance and Passport Requirement
- An active DoD Secret security clearance to start, with the ability to maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Be able to obtain a passport and visa to travel internationally.
Preferred, not required
- Active PMI PMP certification
- General IT knowledge and ability to identify issues and research corrective actions.
- Working knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF), Assessment and Authorizations (A&A), Xacta IA Manager and Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) A&A workflow platforms are highly desired.
- Knowledge of DISA STIGs & SRGs and how to implement hardening to information systems and network devices i.e., workstations, servers, applications, routers, L3/L2 switches, Cisco ASAs, firewalls, etc).
- Experience with Windows & Linux operating systems, virtualized environments, and networking devices.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.