Leidos is currently seeking a Hard Target Characterization Engineer in Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea. The successful candidate will work as a member of a government contractor production team conducting reverse engineering of above ground and underground structures with an emphasis on urban scene building. Work will be performed inside a government facility.
• Work within a matrixed team to include intelligence and imagery analysts, geologists, and targeteers to translate characterization analysis to construct Underground Targeting and Analysis System (UTAS) / Integrated Munitions Effects Assessment (IMEA) physics-based 3-D models for weaponeering.
• Use exploitation products, intelligence resources and engineering expertise to produce intelligence to characterize selected facilities.
• Provide engineering guidance and judgment throughout the characterization process to produce accurate intelligence estimates.
• Brief senior officials regarding capability trends and analysis.
• Bachelors Degree in an Engineering discipline (preferably civil, mechanical, structural, mining, geotechnical)
• 8 years of related engineering experience.
• Familiar with Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) and drafting software (AutoCAD or SketchUp).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to successfully brief and interact with Senior Officials.
• Candidate must possess an active TS/SCI, or a Top Secret clearance with a current SSBI, and be eligible to obtain a TS/SCI w/ Poly level clearance.
• 3 Dimensional Modeling and Simulation experience.
• Military or defense-related experience and an understanding of operational planning.
• Military targeting experience.
• Counter Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) experience.
• Weapons effects modeling and simulation.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.