The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is seeking a Biometrics Technical Lead with strong systems, software, cloud AWS, and Agile experience to support a complex program to provide Biometrics development and operations and maintenance. The customer is the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States. The Biometrics Technical Lead will be part of an exciting ecosystem, participating with federal employees, and other contractors, in a team based SecDevOps approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
This position interacts with business, management, end users and agile delivery teams. This position works with the agile delivery team taking the lead in Biometrics initiatives, modernization, migration to the cloud, gathering, refining, documenting business needs and requirements.
- Perform as the PSPD Biometrics technical expert to deliver knowledge and direction for the design, development, implementation, sustainment, and Cloud migration of all Biometrics initiatives.
- Deliver Biometrics technology innovation strategies to enhance the future of the Biometrics operations.
- Direct the innovation and modernization of Biometrics solutions by interacting with the industry and other related forums. Deliver white papers with recommended Biometrics upgrades and improvements.
- Collaborate with product owner, development team on the requirement elicitation, documentation in JIRA epic/stories/features and acceptance criteria in fast-paced agile environment.
- Work with product owners to refine, groom and prioritize issue backlog.
- Work with development teams to flesh out technical and QA requirements.
- Continuously monitor, identify risks, and risk mitigations activities, and capture team performance reports.
- Influence and foster automated testing to reduce testing errors.
- Collaborates with the team on understanding the requirements and properly developing and testing functionality.
- Quickly adapt to customer dynamic environment and adopt their processes and foster innovative ideas.
- Adopt to new ways of working, socializing, and collaborating with stakeholders and understanding their business goals.
- Must be a self-starter, strong leader, and is able to work independently with little supervision.
- Solid experience – hands-on -in Biometrics technologies, designs, and integration points.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse agile teams, product owners, and subject matter experts.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud technologies, specifically with AWS.
- Experience with migrating applications to the Cloud.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and SecDevOps practices.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum/Kanban, supporting Agile efforts.
- At least five (5) years of experience writing user stories, slicing features, using test suites, and maintaining issue backlog
- Experience conducting stakeholder interviews and facilitating stakeholder workshops.
- Experience with Confluence, JIRA, and ServiceNow required.
- BA/BS degree and 12 years or more of prior relevant experience or master’s degree with 10 years of prior relevant experience OR 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must currently possess an active DHS Full BI or DoD Top Secret security clearance
- Strong knowledge of Biometrics technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud AWS technologies.
- Experience migrating applications to the Cloud AWS.
- Active CBP BI or DoD Top Secret.
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.