UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Specifically, as a Test Lead you will lead a team of software testers to fully support the functional and non-functional testing of a system of critical national infrastructure.
You will have overall responsibility for the testing of a large system and code base from an incumbent supplier. You will be responsible for managing and delivering end-to-end testing for new changes, managing knowledge transfer, identifying skill gaps within team and customer collaboration.
You will be expected to work closely with and support the cloud transformation test lead, as well as the wider programme team; including engineering, architecture and cloud platform.
The Test Lead will be working on a sophisticated suit of applications testing their interfaces as well as other key back-end technologies. The Test Lead will be fully immersed on one of our key security programmes and will be part of a team to help us deliver a large-scale systems integration programme that is critical for the overall UK infrastructure.
- Perform test governance activities
- Manage and implement test process within the test team
- Support the team leads and test team when and where required
- Customer and stakeholder collaboration/meetings/workshops to define scope
- Lead respective Test stream activities
- Review and manage test team skillset
- Create and review test design and test plan
- Create and review test scripts (manual & automation)
- Lead test team within the project where required
- Working with third party suppliers to ensure requirements coverage
- Support and review Test Cases execution and supporting data
- Produce and review test results and defects
- Creating and managing schedules
- Produce Test Reports and report on interim progress
- Perform line management activities where required
- Produce Knowledge transfer articles
- Experience of Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Strong experience in leading technical test team
- Experience using PowerShell
- Experience working with SQL databases
- Experience with testing backend systems and Web Services testing
- Experience of Atlassian toolsets such as Jira and Confluence
- Extensive experience and good understanding of structured test methods and processes
- Familiar with different types of testing and corresponding tools
- Knowledge of automated testing and exposure to different automation tools
- Extensive experience in analysing requirements and design documentation
- Extensive demonstrable experience developing test plans
Familiar with cloud technologies
- Due to the nature of the project, this role will require having or obtaining an SC clearance
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays, and a cycle to work scheme)
- Dynamic Working: https://www.leidos.com/sites/g/files/zoouby166/files/2019-11/PDF-Dynamic-Working-Leidos-UK.pdf
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.