This position is eligible for a 20K sign on bonus
Seeking a software engineer to perform as one of the primary software engineers in the development and integration of cross domain security solutions and other security technologies in a small team environment. These activities are across the development lifecycle from concept development, design, and implementation. To accomplish these activities candidates will need to apply a diverse skills in software engineering, system engineering & administration, integration, test and system security. Customers often come to our unit with a goal in mind, but they need our help to realize it. As such, candidates should be able to analyze requirements to ensure overall testability, and then develop appropriate software design, test plans, and procedures. Since we are a small team with a small dedicated testing staff, candidates should also be able to assist in the execution of functional, performance, and security tests and support debug of system issues. While a separate part of the team does oversee maintenance activities, candidates may be called upon to review existing programs and assist in making refinements to aid in reducing operating time and/or improving current development methods.
As a senior member of the team, the candidate will be expected to support the Solutions Architect and help lead the technical direction of the development team. This includes acting as a technical escalation point and expert reference for the contractor team and government leadership. Candidates will be responsible for managing the software configuration for the systems and ensuring accuracy of technical documentation.
- Coordinate, gather requirements, design, develop, and document pre and post processing of customer data implementing established framework built on Apache Nifi (Niagra Falls) application software in support of existing and new customer data flows.
- Assist in providing architecture and design work as well as hands-on lab integration and test in a Research & Development environment.
- Provide expert, independent systems engineering services and leadership in specialized technical areas.
- Coordinates with contractor and Government management to ensure that the task have been properly defined and that proposed solution(s) meet Government requirements.
- Participate in program standup meetings to discuss system status, technical issues, or coordinate production system changes
- BS and 12+ years of relevant experience
- Strong Software development skills to include creation of requirements from customer ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement, integrate, and troubleshoot applications (small to medium size development), under minimal direction, in a Linux and Windows environment.
- Use of standard project management techniques to include AGILE and standard project management methodologies
- Proficiency with Object-Oriented Design with Java
- Experience with Python scripting
- Experience with XML/JSON
- Experience with Webservice (SOAP/REST).
- Proficiency and use of scripting languages (Shell, Bash, or Powershell)
- Working knowledge and development experience in a Linux environment (Redhat and CENTOS).
- Ability to troubleshoot Linux/Unix admin problems
- Logs examination, List running processes, bring daemons up/down
- File permission ownership management
- On host firewall configuration (iptables, firewalld)
- Ability to create keys, put them in the correct place on a Linux/Unix box, and use them for key authentication with ssh/scp/sftp
Communications & Management Skills:
- Possess superior oral and written communication skills in order to clearly and effectively convey issues and ideas to team members, management and customers.
- Experience creating operating instructions and technical engineering documents
- Ability to document program and data flow operation including creation of flow diagrams
- Experience documenting problem via trouble tickets (DRs, PTRs, whatever you call them)
- Capable of working with customers and ability to mentor team mates
- Experience development with Apache Nifi (NiagraFalls) flowfile programming (primary focus)
- Cross Domain integration (guards, one-way transfers, multi-level access solutions) experience with the following guard types:
- Forcepoint: Trusted Gateway System (TGS), Trusted Thin Client (TTC), WebShield, and High Speed Guard (HSG)
- Lockheed Martin: Radiant Mercury Guard (RMG)
- Experience with IBM Datapower Gateway Application Server
- Experience with Splunk data aggregation and analysis
- Experience with integrating Digital Certificates / Single Sign-On functionality between systems.
- System integration experience in physical/virtual servers with routers and firewalls in current data center environments.
- Integrating with typical IT support infrastructure services: LDAP, Active Directory, log archive
- Experience with Apache web server configuration and performance tuning.
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.