Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Parental Paid Leave and more! If this sounds like a place you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Cyber & SIGINT Solutions Operation is presently seeking a Vulnerability Manager (VM) Skill Level 2 to support one of our most critical DoD missions. Our customer seeks to achieve the vision of modernizing cybersecurity functions to defend information systems and networks throughout the Global Cryptologic Enterprise (GCE) against a broad range of cybersecurity threats. This entails monitoring, detecting, analyzing, securing, and responding to anomalous network activities on all Enterprise Information Systems.
In this role, as the Vulnerability Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Taking preemptive actions to identify, remediate, and mitigate vulnerabilities to prevent exploitation.
- Receiving vulnerability input, direction, and guidance from multiple sources and taking directed action to effectively mitigate vulnerabilities in order to protect networks.
- Leveraging an operational understanding of current vendor remediation’s to prioritize vulnerability escalation procedures and integrating continuous monitoring to ensure mitigations fall within prescribed timelines.
You should possess the following capabilities:
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Determine overall Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) priority when threat activity is identified; report incidents that may cause immediate and/or ongoing impact to the environment.
- Monitor and provide periodic system owners vulnerability mitigation completion updates.
- Knowledge of system and application security threats, vulnerabilities, and cyber attackers.
- Monitor external data sources to determine which security issues may have an impact on the enterprise.
- Identify, develop, and determine mitigation or remediation actions for system and network vulnerabilities.
- Communicate written and verbal information in a timely, clear, and concise manner.
- Apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- Knowledge of different classes of attacks (e.g., passive, active, insider, close-in, distribution attacks).
- Knowledge of system administration, network, operating system hardening techniques, and the risk management process.
- Knowledge of specific operational impacts of cybersecurity lapses and organization's threat environment.
- Recommend impact/risk assessments to identify systemic security issues based on the analysis of vulnerability and configuration data.
- Document and escalate incidents (including event’s history, status, and potential impact for further action); recommend mitigations that will have immediate impact to the environment.
- Perform after-action reviews of team products to ensure completion of analysis.
- Lead and mentor team members as a technical expert.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance
- Four (4) or more years of demonstrated experience as a VM of programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Two (2) years of experience of technical reporting.
- Two (2) years of experience in network and threat analysis.
- A technical bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two (2) years of VM experience on projects of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- DoD 8570 compliance Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level I or Level II certification.
- Computing Environment (CE) certification (Microsoft OS, Cent OS, or Red Hat OS)
- Successful completion of the Splunk software training course "Fundamentals 1"
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.