We are looking for an Object-Oriented C++ developer responsible for developing applications for our distributed turn-key systems. Working under general supervision in a small team environment, your primary responsibility will be to modify, develop, and troubleshoot multi-tiered distributed applications and systems. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code using good OOP/OOAD techniques
• Optimize, identify bottlenecks, bugs, and devise solutions
• Help maintain code quality, revision control and organization
• Analyze customer issues and identify and implement solutions.
• Participate and contribute within a defined software development process.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in related engineering discipline, or equivalent experience and less than 3 years prior relevant experience.
- Advanced degree is a plus.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Your GPA needs to be included on your application and resume.
- US Citizenship Requirements
- Candidate must be able to obtain an Public Trust clearance from the customer
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Design
- Understanding of data structures and software design solution
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Occasional traveling to customer sites as required
- C++ and C#
- multi-threading and memory management
- Code analysis and debugging tools
- Standard libraries, STL containers
- Scripting Languages such as Python, Java, Shell, Bash.
- Comfortable in both Linux and Windows environments
- Integration with hardware devices
- Network architecture
- Information Assurance (cybersecurity) – a plus
- Dev-ops: Agile, Azure
Pay Range:Pay Range $50,700.00 - $78,000.00 - $105,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.