At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Leidos Business Development (BD) is seeking to hire a Vice President of International BD, reporting directly to the Chief Business Development Officer. The candidate will be responsible for driving profitable growth in suitable international markets through the creation of an international strategy developed in collaboration with the business groups.
The position requires a VP who is proactive, self-starting, and a critical thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit, capable of managing multiple competing priorities in an agile, growing, and results-oriented business. The VP must drive the development of effective and innovative solutions offered by the company.
Ideally this position would be based out of Western Europe with the ability to travel, however consideration will be given to qualified candidates based remotely with travel.
• Coordinate International new business activities across the Leidos enterprise to ensure efficient and effective resource allocation
• Establish, maintain, execute, and ensure adherence and full compliance to processes and procedures, laws, and regulations governing the pursuit of international business
• Maintain and pro-actively track status of all DSP 5, DSCA, ITAR, EAR, and TAA requests and agreements
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive process to ensure proper vetting, training, self-certification, and tracking on an annual basis of all International Consultants and resellers
• Maintain key customer relationships
• Develop and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base
• Coordinate all FMS activities
• In conjunction with the business groups, assist in developing, tracking, and pursuing a pipeline of international business opportunities
• Must be a US Citizen
• 25 years international experience including Strategy and Business Development; International P&L experience a plus
• Recent experience with and demonstrated complete knowledge and mastery of FMS/DCS governance, laws, policies, procedures
• Recent senior leadership position in large organization holding international portfolios >$500M
• Extensive network and work relationships with key domestic and international businesses and government officials
• Demonstrated success in pipeline development and strategy development for driving growth in international business
• Led or provided senior level input and guidance in large international capture campaigns of >$500M
• Impeccable ethics and integrity and demonstrated knowledge of FCPA and other related laws and regulations
• Proven ability to collaborate and succeed in a matrix organization environment
• Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
• Possess sophisticated marketing and interpersonal skills with executive level customers and partners
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff across the business to create a results-driven, team-oriented, ethical culture
• Capacity to assume more significant executive responsibilities over time
• Demonstrated thorough understanding and knowledge of the US Government planning, programming and budgetary and approval processes and procedures
• Demonstrated understanding and awareness of foreign governments’ budgetary and contract award processes and procedures and political culture for countries involved in past capture campaigns
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated business acumen, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and sound judgment
• Ability to travel internationally
• Ability to obtain a US TS security clearance
• Bachelor's Degree and 15+ years of experience
• Fluent in foreign language of interest
• Advanced degree in foreign/international relations
• Experience in US Embassy, Military International Affairs Office or similar
• Active TS/SCI clearance
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.