Successful candidate will provide operations & sustainment leadership, as well as functional management support across a highly available and expanding operational footprint. The candidate should have a background working within an agile execution construct, and prior management or lead role experience. Past experiences as an operations lead will be significantly beneficial in this role. Ideal candidate has hands on systems engineering experience that is in alignment with supporting the maintenance of an operational system.
- Briefing operations status to customer leadership at daily enterprise ops meeting
- Facilitating collaboration across operations scrum teams via daily ops meeting
- Assisting operations scrum teams with prioritization of tasks
- Providing technical execution oversight to operations scrum teams during operational incidents
- Interfacing with mission partners, consumer applications, and other external entities in troubleshooting enterprise incidents and integration problems
- Collaborating with stakeholders for enterprise projects and activities
- Supporting off hour calls to assist in troubleshooting and coordinating of resources when high priority operational incidents occur
- Communicating with customer during off hours when high priority incidents effecting the system occur
- Working closely with Ops Lead and Development Lead to identify baseline enhancements to improve operational stability
- Briefing customer on operations status on a weekly and monthly basis via the established program business rhythms
- Maintaining daily availability calculations and ensuring delivery of monthly CDRL requirement to the customer
- Leading ops metrics collection and dissemination
- Managing overall program schedule of operational deployments
- Providing leadership and coordination, along with the Release Train Engineer (RTE) to shepherd baseline releases from development code cutoff to operational deployment completion.
- Enhancing the improvement of operations staff through training and development of procedures
- Providing leadership and direction to operations team members, including operations managers
- Staffing current program openings for the team
- Onboarding new program team members, ensuring they are brought up to speed on the scope of the program
- Executing the performance assessment, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions for the team members under purview
- Collaborating with subcontractor team members’ leadership for staffing needs
- Updating corporate tools related to personnel staffing and functional needs
- Planning and allocating resources across program task orders for financial reporting
- Participating in proposal efforts including Basis of Estimate (BOE) and technical volume writing
- Managing personnel (both Leidos and teammates) on the Ops Support, Tier 3, Consumer Integration (CI).
- Overseeing training across the operations team members
- Performing timecard review and approval actions
- B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent work experience with 8+ years of relevant work experience or Master’s degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience AND 4+ years’ experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Demonstrate ownership and execution of teams in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Strong problem-solving and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Facilitating collaboration across multiple teams to support mitigation of issues
- Familiarity with Atlassian Suite (JIRA, BitBucket, Confluence)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- MUST possess ACTIVE TS/SCI clearance
- Current Security+ Certification
- Familiarity with one or more of the following identity, credential, and access management (ICAM) concepts/standards:
- LDAP or MS Active Directory
- PKI and TLS/SSL
- OAuth 2.0
- OpenID Connect (OIDC)
- Multi-factor Authentication (MFA)
- Understanding of compute, relational database management systems, storage, networking, transport, load balancing, and security constructs as they relate to on-premise and cloud infrastructures
Security risk and compliance with knowledge in control construct (NIST 800-53)
***This position is funded but contingent until the clearance crosses over***
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.