Leidos is seeking a Sr. Linux Administrator who's duties include examining highly complex customer problems and suggesting and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair or return. This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence. Individuals in this role may be required to remotely log into the end users' endpoint (desktops and/or servers with Windows or Linux OS) in order to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions. The Linux Administrator performs System Administration tasks on a customer’s system that supports mission needs and coordination requirements. This individual will work in a team environment and coordinate with appropriate elements to effectively meet design, development, deployment, and monitoring/securing objectives.
- Design, build and deploy applications in a hardened enterprise Linux environment.
- Review and compare multiple platform options for applications and collaborating with specific teams to choose an appropriate platform.
- Design and implement a tool set that simplify provisioning and support of a large enterprise Linux environment.
- Plan, configure and implement features on the Linux platform that enhance availability, response time, and monitoring of key system metrics.
- PKI management using OpenSSL
- Strong foundation of knowledge around AWS cloud services and the cloud ecosystem. (Cisco UCS, Splunk, Solarwinds, elastic search, dhcp, ldap)
- Subject matter expert with Linux (RHEL)/CentOS
- Experience setting up and modifying system monitoring with Nagios
- Scripting language experience
- Strong background in Linus or UNIX server setup, deployment and maintenance
- In-depth experience coding and developing automation scripts (C, Java, Python, and C++)
- Significant experience examining error logs, systems performance data
- Familiar with best practices and techniques to maintain and enhance information security
- The candidate must have Bachelor’s Degree with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or a Master’s Degree with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience. Will consider work experience in lieu of a degree.
- The candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph.
Preferred scripting in Bash, Perl, or Python
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.