Our Albuquerque New Mexico office is seeking a Computer/Network Engineer to assist and perform a variety software development for a variety of electro-mechanical-optical experiments for an applied R&D contract. You will get to work alongside a multi-disciplinary team, in collaboration with Government researchers doing fun experiments primarily in a laboratory. You will be responsible for performing the software engineering function, including the design, development, testing, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs for enhancements and new software-intensive systems and products.
- Perform requirements definition for testbeds and test equipment for a variety of electro/mechanical-optical experiments, based on provided test objectives and develop software control solutions.
- Assist in the design, buildup, and calibration custom testbeds and test equipment for optical tracking including design, build test instrument control and data acquisition hardware.
- Modify and develop data acquisition tools using software such as LabVIEW.
- Modify and develop data reduction and analysis tools using software such as MATLAB.
- Requires deep understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of technical domain and has broad understanding of other related specialty areas.
- Responsible for finding hardware and software solutions to various stakeholders for military applications.
- The ideal candidate will work independently as well as with a team, learn new skills quickly, demonstrate excellent communication and problem-solving skills, be organized, detail-oriented, careful, flexible, and self-motivated with a can-do attitude.
- BS in software/computer engineering, networks systems engineering or equivalent related field with a minimum 4 years of experience (or MS with 2 yrs) with computer and network systems.
- Must have a minimum of an active Secret security clearance.
- Experience with the following: characterization equipment; collecting, analyzing, interpreting data, writing test plans, analyzing specifications, and documenting results and generating reports. Understanding performing computer/network-based data acquisition, network storage and analysis.
- Experience in in the areas of engineering, requirements, design, development, database development, data analysis, and network infrastructure on distributed control systems.
- Knowledge of Labview, Matlab, Simulink, FORTRAN, C, C++ (Visual C++) and Python.
- Be able to provide software support, data analysis support and system operation for optical tracking systems, including software and networking programing development.
- Experience with cloud-based storage and automating the distribution of data.
- MS in computer engineering specialized in distributed systems.
- Experience is desired in testbed design, data acquisition development; test planning, and test reporting on optical and laser test platforms.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.