The Logistics Specialist will support the Leidos Training Delivery Services contract at FEMA's Center for Domestic Preparedness. Work associated with this position requires the ability to recognize deviations from accepted practice. Maintain, issues and recovery different levels of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Provide support to team Leaders in support of training. Coordinate with other Team Leads and Managers.
- Supports training delivery through the care, maintenance, and accountability of all training equipment and supplies.
- Use proper sanitation procedures in the maintenance and repair of training equipment.
- Transport training equipment and PPE as required.
- Assist with setup and recovery of training equipment at training venues as required.
- Maintain a record of defective equipment and turn it in properly for disposition.
- Coordinate with instructors, subcontractors, and team leads regarding support for successful course delivery
- Interacts daily with supervisor, peer groups, and customers.
- Normally receives some instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Travels in support of job requirements (less than 10%)
- Maintain sufficient stock of clean and serviceable PPE
- Operate Non-CDL government vehicles
- Comply with all safety procedures
- High school graduate or GED equivalent required, and a minimum of three years related experience.
- Ability to lift, turn, and carry heavy equipment (up to 60 pounds) to support training.
- Perform detailed tasks under time constraints.
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule.
- Ability to work with people at different levels.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, written, and oral skills, to include the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Possess a valid state driver’s license
- Successfully complete pre-placement screenings including, but not limited to, criminal background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and drug testing.
- Successfully complete FEMA background/security check.
- Complete disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act
- Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U. S. citizenship is required.
- Must have an accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act.
Pay Range:Pay Range $29,900.00 - $46,000.00 - $62,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.