Provide general program information and/or general position overview. Example: The [Name] Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a [Job Title] to work in our [City, State] office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the [Contract/Program Name] mission. In this mission we…
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable practices. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Employees enjoy career enrichment opportunities available through mobility and development and experience rewarding relationships with supportive supervisors and talented colleagues and customers. Your most important work is ahead.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is looking to fill a Storage Engineer position within the Analysis Solutions Division (ASD) to support the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC). This role requires technical expertise in storage engineering, system administration, and operations. This position is accountable for the organization's Storage infrastructure. The principal function of the position is to plan and manage the installation, configuration and tuning of storage hardware and software including DR according to best practices, while ensuring high levels of data quality protection and availability for entire enterprise in a 24x7 Enterprise Storage environment including Commercial Cloud Storage, NAS, DAS and SAN storage devices. The Storage Engineer will provide technical expertise and guidance for the storage team strategic recommendations to develop a roadmap that ensures that the current and planned technical data protection solutions are compatible with the NMEC’s business needs and strategic objectives. The Customer utilizes an Agile Framework to plan and successfully complete all initiatives. The work location is in Bethesda at the Intelligence Community Campus.
- Install, configure, and administer enterprise storage systems, such as Dell Storage Center (SC7020 and SC9000) SAN arrays, Dell Compellent (FS8600) NAS appliances, NetApp filers and Data Domain storage arrays
- Install, configure, and administer NetBackup server and client software. Schedule and monitor backup policies. Generate backup status reports as required
- Maintain partnerships and leverage market technologies associated with Storage vendors, product enhancements and product roadmaps to determine how they can be beneficially applied to the customer’s Enterprise.
- Maintain current knowledge of storage-related trends and issues including current emerging technologies, cloud storage solutions and best practices
- Provide capacity planning, performance analysis, develop disaster recovery plans, lead efforts towards storage consolidation and identify storage growth, manage configurations of storage media and storage management software.
- Develop, implement and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent storage provisioning, uptime, regulatory, security compliance and data protection
- Knowledge and understanding of storage protocols and hardware including iscsl, Fiber Channel, CIFS, NFS and NDMP.
- Develop and implement Disaster Recovery and Continuity of Operations plans in accordance with customer requirements
- Install, configure, maintain, and administer Linux and Windows servers in support of storage operations
- Build capacity management dashboards that improve visibility into enterprise storage use, health, resilience, and provide ongoing resources for planning for enterprise infrastructure lifecycle replacement
- Coordinate with vCenter administrators to provision Storage Area Network (SAN) resources to VMWare ESX cluster datastores as required
- Configure and manage volume snapshots. Assist customers with point-in-time file restores
- Schedule and monitor volume replication for disaster recovery
- Monitor health and availability of infrastructure applications and systems
- Work with vendors to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software failures
- Coordinate with Change Management to deconflict and schedule hardware maintenance activities, system and firmware updates, and other configuration changes
- Execute system changes during scheduled maintenance windows
- Monitor and evaluate system performance and capacity trends
- Resolve tier 2 and tier 3 service requests
- Identify opportunities to automate operations. Develop automated solutions that take advantage of Dell and NetApp system APIs
- Seek opportunities for continuous improvement to support effective and efficient operations
- Work with Cloud Storage solutions as needed for Cloud applications
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities.
- The ability to socialize ideas, make recommendations and gather team consensus to move forward.
- Mentor junior team members
- Requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, or Bachelors degree in a technical field or closely related discipline (including program management)
- At least 10+ years of related technical and project management experience
- At least 5 years' experience in the plan, design, configuration and support of large and diverse enterprise storage requirements.
- At least 5 years' experience with NetApp, Dell/EMC, Quantum, Cisco Storage, Pure Storage components and systems. and Commercial Cloud storage solutions.
- At least 5 years performing capacity planning, performance analysis and development of compute/network/storage infrastructure disaster recovery plans.
- At least 3 to 5 years' experience designing and implementing disaster recovery plans for enterprise level storage systems.
- Demonstrated working proficiency in SAN fabric management (ISLs, utilization, zoning, masking, etc.)
- Knowledge with the SAN, NAS & DAS hardware and software for storage, specifically Cisco and Brocade fabric architectures and tiered multi-protocol storage models.
- Extensive experience in design and documentation of backup/restore strategies via enterprise class backup solutions and automated library systems.
- Knowledge of Cloud storage capabilities and solutions.
- Broad familiarity of all storage systems and backup environments, including Cloud storage.
- Knowledge and experience with storage in a VMware and Red Hat virtualization environment.
- Experience designing and implementing storage for one or more enterprise services such as MS Exchange, MS SharePoint, MS SQL, Active Directory, Windows Server, Oracle, Oracle DRA/CA
- Knowledge and experience managing and providing near real time storage usage statistics, storage management and capacity management and providing future projected growth estimates.
- Knowledge and experience with current compute/ network/ storage modeling.
- Ability to plan, document and effectively implement projects and systems.
- Excellent communication, writing, and meeting facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment with many deadlines and competing priorities.
- Experience supervising others
- Experience working independently to support a 24/7/365 customer environment
- Experience contributing to deliverables and meeting performance metrics
- Ability to communicate clearly with peers as well as senior management and customers
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP along with an appropriate computing environment (CE) certification)
Security Clearance Requirement:
- TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph required
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Experience with Data Replication, Snap Shots and Virtualization Technology.
- Knowledge of Networking, Routing and Switching Technologies.
- Experience with or knowledge of Windows and Linux Server Administration.
- Experience with or knowledge of major Vendors such as CERTS for Dell/EMC, NetApp, HP, Quantum, Pure Storage etc.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery and COOP storage backup and recovery within and across the data centers and the Cloud
- Ability to analyze cloud migration approaches to support customer decision making for effective and efficient cloud migrations
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.