Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has a career opening for a Project Manager to work in our Beavercreek, OH office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to support fielding new systems and products in support of various emerging US Air Force (USAF) Life Cycle Management Center (LCMC) and Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) programs related advancing emerging and promising technologies.
What’s in it for you?
In this position, you will have opportunities to provide technical and operational analysis of new and evolving sensor systems, assess advanced sensor technologies, and provide ground and flight demonstrations/tests. In addition, candidate will explore and perform sensor system integration into laboratories, aircraft, and other aero-structures, such as the AgilePod® family of systems.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
THE CHALLENGE (primary responsibilities)
- Provide Leadership and Oversight of a large technology portfolio: a multi-phased effort for both low performance and high performance podded prototype development, testing and fielding for a newly established ACAT III program of record for AFLCMC.
- Design, develop, oversee and manage the day-to-day execution aspects of current and future projects while serving as a liaison between program management and government customers.
- Provides and reviews status of projects and budgets
- Manages schedules and prepares status reports for review to AFLCMC and AFRL customers
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet cost, schedule and performance objectives
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with program managers and customers
- Administratively provide, track, and maintain status of CDRLs pertaining to contractual efforts
- Work with government and contractor counterparts to support engineering design efforts, follow on production, and developmental and operational flight test demonstration efforts as applicable.
- Assists in producing or reviewing documents for program office use that support the breadth of the projects acquisition and lifecycle sustainment.
WHAT SETS YOU APART (basic qualifications)
- BA/BS degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience; years of experience in lieu of degree
- Have knowledge, experience and demonstrated ability to work successfully with all levels of engineering, logistics, program management, and program leadership, AFLCMC directorates and headquarters, AFRL, HQ AFMC, Tri-Service DoD stakeholders, prime contractors and subcontractors, and other government and private sector personnel.
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to work and lead as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Office applications.
- Up to 10% CONUS travel required
Security Clearance Requirement
- Ability to obtain and maintain Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance
Preferred, not required
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level II or higher in DoD Acquisition
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Discipline
- Microsoft Project Experience
- Familiarity with IMP/IMS, WBS, and control account structure and earned value analysis.
- Earned value calculations, cost and schedule integration.
- Prior experience in product management is desired
- Active Secret Security Clearance Preferred
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.