Leidos’s IT Team is looking for an energetic team member to help develop solutions to meet expanding customer needs. This position provides support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the Strategic Business Intelligence Team (SBIT), under the National Air-Space Implementation Support Contract (NISC). SBIT, AJW-212, is a service organization made of engineers, program analysts, and IT developers who take pride in being the go-to group for help and answers about AJW-2 assets. SBIT increases the effectiveness of ATC Facilities and Engineering Services (AJW-2) by supplying indispensable decision making tools and strategic guidance. The developer must have an eye for perfection in order to properly direct the new features and revisions of programs designed to increase operating efficiency.
This is a fully remote position.
Working both as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will be:
- Detail oriented candidates that can draft test documents including test cases and test report.
- Provide full SDLC requirements and systems engineering processes
- Must have performance test, stress test/load test experience.
- Need to perform sprint test, integration test, functionality test and regression test independently without any supervision
- Need to validate the health of the application daily
- Communicate with the users or stakeholder to determine business, system and performance requirements
- Able to integrate and test complex software with little to no outside support
- Debug user issues and provide detailed supporting data on identified issues
- Able to understand System Level Requirements and perform system interface checkouts
- Interfacing with the FAA customer to address/answer questions relating to the test artifacts and use stories
- Working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Participate in Backlog grooms: review user stories and provide feedback to team during backlog groom.
- Work with team lead to provide guidance to fellow test team members and ensure team goals are appropriately set to meet all program milestones
- Analyze identified issues in conjunction with System Engineering and Software in regards to developing solutions
- Support test and requirement verification & validation
- Learn system architecture, design, functions and capabilities to support the integration and test of the new capabilities and enhancements.
- Executing tests manually in the Test and Pre Prod environments
- Developing Test Procedures, Test Reports to validate functional requirements for formal sell off
- Perform formal test execution with the customer and quality assurance organizations
- Complete FAA compliance training needs as required by Customer
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Requires Bachelors of Science and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Test experience, including proven experience working in complex projects performing format testing and sell off requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience:
- Working directly with customers to validate requirements and obtain acceptance from end customers or stakeholders
- Interfacing with other functional areas (e.g. Software, Systems Engineering)
- Work with FAA to obtain approvals for SDLC Test Readiness Review (TRR) and other gate reviews
- Agile software development methodology, processes, sprint lifecycle, JIRA, Agile techniques is a must
- Experience with 508 compliance
- Regression testing experience
- More than a willingness to learn and a desire to be a go to person for upcoming technologies
- Extensive experience in Black and White Box software testing methods is a must
- Regression testing experience
- Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Perform application security validation and verification
- Perform manual and automated testing experience is a must
- Ability and willing to perform or support system and integration testing activities
- Experience in following a documented Integration and Test Development Process
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication skills in English
- Strong communication skills to interface with internal and external customers
- Strong analytical skills, self-motivation, and attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic, curiosity, competitive spirit.
- FAA format testing and CDRLs delivery
- Advanced integration skills and the ability to work independently in the following categories of integration:
- New system functionality integration
- External Interface integration checkouts during risk reduction activities
- Analyzing identified issues and help determine a solution
- Experience with formal test with a government agency/customer
- Familiarity with AWS and Cloud technologies
- Familiarity with the Atlassian Tool Suite
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.