The Integrated Solutions Division is seeking a DevOps engineer in Aurora, Colorado to support maintenance and development for the CEGS system, a real-time operational SIGINT processor. The CEGS applications run under a virtualized Linux infrastructure and are deployed in three different locations (the development facility, an integration and test facility, and the operational facility). Candidate must have a TS/SCI clearance and have or be willing to obtain a current Polygraph.
The candidate will be responsible for system administration tasks for CEGS at all deployed locations via remote access from the development facility in Aurora, CO. The candidate will be responsible for issue investigation and resolution and installing new CEGS software baselines at the deployed locations. The program is seeking a candidate with experience with containers and cloud technologies as we move to modernize our architecture. The candidate will interface with project managers, systems engineers, software developers, and customers on a regular basis, so good communications skills are a must.
- Deploy and maintain both internal and external web servers (currently Apache web server)
- Maintain, modernize, and enhance the existing CEGS architecture.
- Design, architect, and implement new processes and deployment strategies
- Monitor a large, deployed system running on the Linux operating System
- Troubleshoot systems and interface connectivity
- Integrate external products and applications with custom software baselines
- Install and configure software baselines, commercial products, and application programming interfaces
- The ideal candidate is either a software engineer with a good administration background or a highly skilled system administrator with knowledge of coding and automation.
- Requires a BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or a Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- High level of expertise with Linux systems (RedHat / CentOS or equivalent)
- Knowledge of the HTTP 1.1, HTTP 2.0, HTTPS, and WebSocket protocols
- Advanced automated script design, coding, debugging, and maintenance skills (using bash, python, perl, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are required, as well as the ability to maintain professionalism in a diverse customer environment
- Must possess an active TS security clearance at a minimum, or ideally an active TS/SCI security clearance with a polygraph
- Experience in working closely with software developers to integrate, configure, and deploy commercial products
- Experience with virtualized infrastructure environments (VMWare or equivalent)
- Experience with Containerization (Docker) and Container Orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Significant experience with cloud native technologies
- Familiarity with AWS
- Knowledge of information assurance, risk management framework, and assessment / authorization requirements
- PostgreSQL (or equivalent)
- Apache httpd configuration, maintenance, and deployment
- PKI management and user authentication SIGINT processing experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.