At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready to challenge yourself with an organization that encourage & support career growth on an enterprise-wide scale? Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of an Infrastructure Security Operations Engineer, Mid to join our National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Cyber Security Center (NCSC) Engineering & Operations team. As an Infrastructure Security Operations Engineer, Mid you will play a valuable part in supporting the NCSC’s mission to protect NOAA networks, computers, programs and data from cyber-attack damage and unauthorized access.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive while being challenged, keep reading!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. To explore and learn more about the Leidos Civil Group, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Tests, implements, deploys, maintains, and administers the infrastructure hardware and software. Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems and security tools to potentially include: SPLUNK, Tenable Security Center, WebInspect Enterprise implementation, FireEye appliances, Archer applications, McAfee applications
- Provide technical oversight across the NOAA NCSC program to a team of enterprise infrastructure security operations engineers
- Provide technical services for the NOAA FISMA High system computers and networks used by the NCSC and ESOC to execute against their functions. This includes software patching and NIST 800-53rd high-impact security control configurations
- Provide guidance, coaching, and development to a cross functional security engineering & operations team
- Design, develop, and recommend system solutions ensuring proprietary/confidential data and systems are protected (i.e., system security upgrades, technical refreshes etc,.)
- Develop necessary processes, and procedures to maintain and augment the IT systems operations that support the NCSC and the NOAA0100 FISMA High IT infrastructure.
- Engage the client, where applicable, in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs as it relates to enterprise infrastructure
- Support the project lifecycle for infrastructure projects
- Configure and validate secure systems
- Develop, deliver, and maintain a System Security Plan for systems operations that supports the NCSC and the NOAA0100 FISMA High IT infrastructure
- Attend team lead sessions and act as a conduit with the program leadership team
- Provide for critical incident response & problem management including root cause of system problems, such as configuration issues resulting in operational performance degradation or system outages, supporting the Government with information and advice on the necessary correction actions and/or interim workarounds
- Provide Disaster Recovery recommendations and support for a Primary and Secondary site configuration
- Assist with enterprise security infrastructure operations and maintenance duties of backups, application maintenance, and OS patching, tuning, and troubleshooting
- Adhere to Change Management process
- Must be able to multitask a variety of projects and tasks as set by the Team Lead
- Develop detailed documentation as it pertains to OS and COTS product deployment, configuration, upgrading, and maintenance for Change Management requests
- Develop secure standard guidelines on configuration management process to ensure consistent & secure modifications to equipment configurations
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and diagrams related to the field communications systems equipment & networks
- Ensure documentation relative operational procedures, services, etc., are written and centrally accessible and updated as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in technical field or equivalent experience and 4 - 8 years or prior relevant experience
- 2+ years of design, development, integration, implementation, operation and analysis of cyber security technologies
- 2+ years administering network appliances, security appliances, Windows or Linux devices
- Knowledge of security system design tools, methods, and techniques
- Knowledge of key concepts in security management (e.g., Release Management, Patch Management)
- Knowledge of network design processes, to include understanding of security objectives, operational objectives, and trade-offs
- Knowledge of new and emerging information technology (IT) and cybersecurity technologies
- Knowledge of specific operational impacts of cybersecurity lapses
- Knowledge of system life cycle management principles, including software security and usability
- Knowledge of auditing and logging procedures (including server-based logging)
- Knowledge of basic system, network, and OS hardening techniques
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of cybersecurity and privacy principles
- Knowledge of file system implementations (e.g., New Technology File System [NTFS], File Allocation Table [FAT], File Extension [EXT])
- Knowledge of IT system operation, maintenance, and security needed to keep equipment functioning properly
- Knowledge of measures or indicators of system performance and availability
- Knowledge of physical computer components and architectures, including the functions of various components and peripherals (e.g., CPUs, Network Interface Cards, data storage)
- Knowledge of security implications of software configurations
- Knowledge of specific operational impacts of cybersecurity lapses
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies and virtual machine development and maintenance
- Skill in troubleshooting and diagnosing cyber defense infrastructure anomalies and work through resolution
- Skill in conducting system/server planning, management, and maintenance
- Skill to apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation)
- Skill in identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system
- Skill in applying and incorporating information technologies into proposed solutions
- Skill in developing and applying security system access controls
- Skill in determining how a security system should work (including its resilience and dependability capabilities) and how changes in conditions, operations, or the environment will affect these outcomes.
- Skill in independently making configuration updates to ensure system availability requirements
- Skill in system, network, and OS hardening techniques. (e.g., remove unnecessary services, password policies, network segmentation, enable logging, least privilege, etc.)
- Ability to write and verbally communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills and demonstrate poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, and high-stress situations
- Ability and drive to quickly learn new software and IT concepts
- Understanding of accepted security practices, troubleshooting issues, attack vectors, and customer support
- Must be able to work collaboratively across multiple functional disciplines
- Knowledge and skill in : Windows, Archer, ThreatConnect, FireEye, Tenable/Nessus, WebInspect, SCCM, VMWare, FreeNAS/Pure/NetApp storage, and PKI certificate management.
- Demonstrated experience in cyber security design, engineering and operations
- Experience with Security Assertion Markup Language, and client-server authentication
- Experience with System Administration, Network Administration Network Security, Networking Standards, Network Protocols, NIST/FISMA standards and controls, SIEM platforms and security tools, Network Hardware Configurations
- Cyber Security Training or Certification (ie Securty+, Network+, SPLUNK, FireEye )
- Knowledge of NIST SP 800 53 series or ISO 27000 series documents
- Windows 10 security best practices and configurations
- Understanding of advanced threat detection in an enterprise environment
- Understanding of malware families, their types, and the threat they pose
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows administrative & troubleshooting tools
- Demonstrated experience performing cybersecurity analysis from an operations & engineering perspective
- Experience with Splunk (preferred) or other SIEM platform
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Top Secret Clearance (Interim Secret acceptable to start working on program).
- US Citizenship is required.
- Fairmont, WV
- Boulder, CO
- Remote eligible pending customer approval, however onsite is preferred.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.