The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking Sr. Program Manager (Sr. PM) in Atlanta, GA
Role is contingent upon contract award
This Sr PM will support the Public Health portfolio to provide management, direction, administration, quality assurance and leadership involving direct execution and oversight of a portfolio of technology projects.
As a Sr. PM across multiple projects, the candidate will provide direct and indirect management and oversight for multiple high-visibility projects, overseeing operational execution and financial aspects of contract deliverables, cost, and schedule to achieve all key performance indicators, service level agreements, and annual operating plan commitments. The Sr. PM will lead, develop, and advises public health informatics strategy and is responsible for ensuring that the strategic direction, operational models and execution of projects are aligned with the goals of relevant statement of works and the customer’s operational and program objectives. The Sr. PM works with Leidos team and customer stakeholders on issues related, but not limited, to public health data system and technology modernization, health information exchange, data equity, and pandemic-ready systems while understanding current and future enterprise data needs in the public health system, applying insights to recommend short and/or long-term goals for data strategy enterprise approach to implementation of modernization activities.
- Understands existing Public Health information technology systems and procedures, can guide business process redesign to improve efficiency of operating situations and implementation.
- Proven experience effectively directing and managing contract functions involving multiple, complex, and interrelated projects
- Experience with performance-based and award-fee contracts. Reviews cost reports and invoices, identifying anomalies, and executing corrective actions to ensure accuracy
- Addresses public health data, and health information system needs and opportunities, including data exchange and information systems supporting epidemiology and laboratory, and identify opportunities for modernization and improved interoperability, across Public Health programs.
- Leads and coordinates data modernization efforts with support of technical solutions team
- Understands principles and use of scalable, sustainable shared services and cloud-infrastructure.
- Directs support of modernization by providing guidance for: training, change management and program technical assistance
- Identifies needed technical resources and training to improve client competencies supporting data and health information system modernization.
- Develops a deep understanding of each project strategy, business model, operating model, processes and educates functional and project staff on data strategy, data capabilities, and technologies.
- Implements and drives project standards that use shared services or infrastructure to enhance existing or facilitates new data exchange or information system functionality.
- Provides oversight of program deliverables, responsible for working with project leads to ensure a successful delivery
- Provides operational oversight, coaching to front line leaders, mentoring and developing of staff and succession planning for the program
- Leads staff to achieve a high degree of customer affinity and maintain the growth of a positive Leidos brand recognition
- Collaborates with leadership and business development to drive growth initiatives
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 10 years of senior leadership/program management experience for strategic programs and services
- A minimum of five years of experience implementing project management principles and managing, tracking, and coordinating a wide range of actions, documents, and tasks through completion
- A master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a discipline related to project management or information technology
- Must have one of the following active certifications: Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) OR Program Management Professional (PgMP).
- Possess an ITIL® v3 Practitioner or ITIL® 4 Managing Professional or a higher certification in either category
- Predominant career experience to be in Public Health with broad-based knowledge of environments, related to data management, IT workforce development, informatics, and health and/or surveillance data systems.
- Preferable to have experience with developing and growing relationships with key customer leadership positions, executives, and stakeholders.
- Ability to plan, direct and coordinate activities to facilitate cooperation of diverse professionals and other interested parties in the delivery of program and project objectives.
- Information Technology experience in managing multiple, cross-functional teams or projects and advising senior level management and key stakeholders
- Experience working in an Agile development team, in depth experience in data analysis, and superior technical documentation skills.
- Expert in Program/Project Management principles and concepts (WBS, PWS, IMS, RACI, Risk Management)
- This position requires experience formulating strategy, building relationships, managing complex projects, and understanding jurisdictional issues at the state, local, and federal levels.
- Ability to analyze and interpret information to make recommended changes in project management policy, planning and budgeting, and the ability to express and communicate ideas clearly to a wide range of individuals including senior managers, customer leadership, and others.
- Requirement to develop/lead formal presentations/interaction with individuals at varying audience levels within and outside the agency, in addition to strong verbal, written, negotiating, and innovative skills are required.
Requires ability to obtain up to Public Trust level 5 clearance.
- Demonstrated current and significant relationships with HHS (CDC preferred) or comparable civil government executives and mid-level managers, particularly in software development and operations, analytics, and modernization
- MPH desired
- Experience directing a distributed team, managing multiple customers, programs, and projects as one collective business.
- Knowledge of Azure and AWS.
- Experience in micro services and large data sets (scientific research, COVID) while having the ability to incorporate data driven decisions.
- Knowledge of innovative industry business models and corresponding “go to market” solutions to aid in further growing the Leidos business in the HHS account.
- Knowledge and awareness of industry best practices in program and project management, CMMI, ITIL, and other areas relevant to high maturity planning and execution.
- Experience capturing new accounts / customers / on contract growth at HHS or comparable civil government customers
Pay Range:Pay Range $124,800.00 - $192,000.00 - $259,200.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.